My macbook is disabled

Um... Single user mode??

http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/25/change-admin-password-mac/

EDIT: I knew about this solution already, but this isn't hard to figure out with a quick Google search, and you probably wasted your time typing up a thread and waiting for a reply.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

How in the what what what what what what what does one forget ones password to ones laptop? :o Depending on your situation the above post may or may not help.

1 minute ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

How in the what what what what what what what does one forget ones password to ones laptop? :o Depending on your situation the above post may or may not help.

Don't want to start a cat fight, but how wouldn't it work?? I realize that sometimes single user mode is disabled (which is a bad idea, btw) but if this dude owns the laptop then it's probably on.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

4 minutes ago, The Cool n00B said:

Don't want to start a cat fight, but how wouldn't it work?? I realize that sometimes single user mode is disabled (which is a bad idea, btw) but if this dude owns the laptop then it's probably on.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was by no means attacking you, you delivered the best and possibly only answer to his question. A few security conscious people do like to take a few extra precautions though, like setting a firmware level password. My post was most of all about how in the world you manage to forget the password to your own computer.

7 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I was by no means attacking you, you delivered the best and possibly only answer to his question. A few security conscious people do like to take a few extra precautions though, like setting a firmware level password. My post was most of all about how in the world you manage to forget the password to your own computer.

I realize that you're not trying to attack me, but the average Mac user isn't, frankly, dumb enough to set a firmware password. I do think BIOS passwords are okay, since a clear CMOS can delete one of those, but a firmware password on a laptop that you can't really open (I realize you can, bare with me) is an idiotic idea imho.

4 minutes ago, The Cool n00B said:

I realize that you're not trying to attack me, but the average Mac user isn't, frankly, dumb enough to set a firmware password. I do think BIOS passwords are okay, since a clear CMOS can delete one of those, but a firmware password on a laptop that you can't really open (I realize you can, bare with me) is an idiotic idea imho.

so you're saying i shouldn't encrypt my harddrive with 6969-bit encryption?

5 minutes ago, The Cool n00B said:

Nothing is safe when you have absolute physical access, but I don't see how setting a firmware password could possibly be a bad idea (unless you're really, really forgetful). Without it your system password means absolutely zero.

9 minutes ago, mikat said:

so you're saying i shouldn't encrypt my harddrive with 6969-bit encryption?

that's the only type of encryption I support, along with 696969-bit and 669969-bit. Um... It's two-way?

9 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Nothing is safe when you have absolute physical access, but I don't see how setting a firmware password could possibly be a bad idea (unless you're really, really forgetful). Without it your system password means absolutely zero.

I'm just saying, I would stray away, personally.

5 minutes ago, The Cool n00B said:

that's the only type of encryption I support, along with 696969-bit and 669969-bit. Um... It's two-way?

I'm just saying, I would stray away, personally.

You should reevaluate the way you express yourself then, because you literally just called it dumb. That's just what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, mikat said:

ever heard of "a joke" and "having fun"?

Absolutely, but calling people dumb for defending their privacy is a rather terrible joke.

1 minute ago, mikat said:

that part wasn't the joke, the 696969 bit encryption was a joke

I was in no way referring to that part of his post in my post. I should have been more clear.

41 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

You should reevaluate the way you express yourself then, because you literally just called it dumb. That's just what I'm saying.

No I didn't (this is now a cat fight, btw), I just said that I don't put passwords on my shit. Well, I mean a windows pin, sure, but there's nothing on here that's in need of some form or another of low-level security.

Boot to recovery media, open terminal and type "resetpassword". 
Boot into OS, delete key chain, learn your lesson and don't forget next time. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

1 hour ago, The Cool n00B said:

Um... Single user mode??

http://osxdaily.com/2011/04/25/change-admin-password-mac/

EDIT: I knew about this solution already, but this isn't hard to figure out with a quick Google search, and you probably wasted your time typing up a thread and waiting for a reply.

Why would you do this when my above reply has worked since 10.6.5?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

3 minutes ago, TDP_Equinox said:

Why would you do this when my above reply has worked since 10.6.5?

Seeing as I didn't know about your solution, or whether it works, I'm sorry. I won't do it next time.

Dick.

9 hours ago, The Cool n00B said:

the average Mac user isn't, frankly, dumb enough to set a firmware password.

8 hours ago, The Cool n00B said:

No I didn't

I rest my case.