The symbol "att" not being on my keyboard...

Titanicium

Hi LTT :)

I recently buildt myself the computer in my signature and when I bought that I also bought the rest in my signature. i have always had one problem with the keyboard though: The symbol "att" ain't possible to make... 

Neiter is the symbols for money on my keyboard (Symbols for Euro, Dollar and Sterling pund)... The other symbols that requires you to press CTRL-ALT or Alt-Gr works fine...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

att? You mean "@"?

Try typing alt+64. That should be the code.

That brought me to the search for words that have been used in previous posts page...

If you are wondering I did search for it ,but with no results and yes I mean that letter it's just that I can't type it so I have to write it :(

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

my friend got the same problem after he reinstalled windows just now!

So there is something with my installation of Windows?

Tor

Is your computer set to the correct country for keyboards? I once had the issue that it switched from german to US layout, so symbols were not where they are supposed to be and y and z were switched.(get it, because a keyboard has switches? :D)

I don't know if your issue has the same origin though..

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Is your computer set to the correct country for keyboards? I once had the issue that it switched from german to US layout, so symbols were not where they are supposed to be and y and z were switched.(get it, because a keyboard has switches? :D)

I don't know if your issue has the same origin though..

I have been wondering about that :)

Do you know were I can change it to my language being Norwegian?

Tor

I have been wondering about that :)

Do you know were I can change it to my language being Norwegian?

You can change it in control panel -> Clock, language etc. -> install display language

that will only change the display language though, not the input language

EDIT: to change the keyboard layout control panel -> Clock, language etc. -> Region and language open

then under the tab Keyboard and language i think you can change it

You can change it in control panel -> Clock, language etc. -> install display language

that will only change the display language though, not the input language

EDIT: to change the keyboard layout control panel -> Clock, language etc. -> Region and language open

then under the tab Keyboard and language i think you can change it

Thanks mate :)

Will do as soon as I come home :)

Tor

If you have trouble with advise from @NewAndreas, update all latest from windows updates. Also if your keyboard have drivers, update them too. I had this problem also and it reseted settings on every reboot. Updates should fix it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you have trouble with advise from @NewAndreas, update all latest from windows updates. Also if your keyboard have drivers, update them too. I had this problem also and it reseted settings on every reboot. Updates should fix it.

Yeah i guess i will have to do that since I already have my language set to norwegian (My native language)...

Do you by any chance know how to update drivers for Razer Blackwidow Ultimate?

Tor

If it doesn't work, try autohotkey.

That is a software that allows you to make script for you keyboard. So you can bind for example: ctrl+3 to @. This particular script won't be that hard, but if you can't figure it out, you can make a thread on their website. Someone can make it for you real quick. Its probably something like "^3 send @" or something. That's probably bad code but its something like that.

What you do basicly is paste that code  someone made for you, or you made your own in notepad. Then name it .ahk and run it. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_mry_DN-s

Here is the forum for autohotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/

Here is the download for autohotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com/

If you have any more question just ask em

Hope this helps.

Yeah i guess i will have to do that since I already have my language set to norwegian (My native language)...

Do you by any chance know how to update drivers for Razer Blackwidow Ultimate?

Try to reset keyboard language. Like set it to english and then back to norwegian. Drivers for Razer stuff are withing Synapse. But mine worked after installing windows updates. It took two days for some reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If it doesn't work, try autohotkey.

That is a software that allows you to make script for you keyboard. So you can bind for example: ctrl+3 to @. This particular script won't be that hard, but if you can't figure it out, you can make a thread on their website. Someone can make it for you real quick. Its probably something like "^3 send @" or something. That's probably bad code but its something like that.

What you do basicly is paste that code  someone made for you, or you made your own in notepad. Then name it .ahk and run it. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_mry_DN-s

Here is the forum from autohotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/

Here is the download from autohotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com/

If you have any more question just ask em

Hope this helpes.

But can this be done by creating a macro inside Synapse also?

If so: How?

Try to reset keyboard language. Like set it to english and then back to norwegian. Drivers for Razer stuff are withing Synapse. But mine worked after installing windows updates. It took two days for some reason.

Tried it but it doesn't work :(

I can't find any Windows updates that needs to be updated so is there any "hidden" place I can find them?

Tor

pretty sure this is a problem with nordic layouts, when i need to type the @ sign i switch over to US layout with Win + Space and do shift + 2, i then switch back to SWE and go about my business

But can this be done by creating a macro inside Synapse also?

If so: How?

Tried it but it doesn't work :(

I can't find any Windows updates that needs to be updated so is there any "hidden" place I can find them?

Yes. I think you can do that with synapse. However i don't have any experience with synapse, but it should work.