Motherboard Clip

MrRX7

What are these clip bits on motherboard tray of case for?

post-40205-0-90370200-1380199984_thumb.j

i think you can tie the cables there with whatever ties you are using.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

for attaching cables to in the back for cable management with zip ties.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Its the cable management clips on Corsair cases:

c70-10b.png

Source: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassis/41201-corsair-vengeance-c70/?page=2

Personally don't like these since its plastic and it can break easily.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

1. My 350D doesnt have those plastic clips that hold it neatly does it?

2. Also what is that case model?

@mgsstar

post-40205-0-41550900-1380453304.jpg

1. My 350D doesnt have those plastic clips that hold it neatly does it?

2. Also what is that case model?

@mgsstar

The 350D has places for you to tie your ziptites which is located around the rubber grommets and its better imo. The case model that has that is the C70. I think the 900D also uses those clips.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

is FSP a good psu manufacturer how do they compare to others like Seasonic? which Seasonic is pretty much the best correct?

They aren't terrible but they aren't great, If you want a nice cheap little unit then they are probably a good buy

But yeah, Seasonic, Corsair and Silverstone are my 3 PSU manufacturers to go to if you want the best quality

But Corsair PSU's are rebranded units.

FSP if you look up reviews most of there series are very good, right up there with other PSUs. I would get one for my next build.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

For the most part, Corsair's crappier units like the CX series are Channel Well, and their higher ends are Seasonic.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

That says nothing about the quality of them though, If the OEM make good quality units then why would slapping a corsair sticker on them and reselling them make it a bad unit?

No one is saying the units are bad. I was correcting the post since Corsair doesn't actually manufacture their PSUs so the OEM differs depending on the model. Unlike Seasonic which will always be a Seasonic.

But the higher end ones are Seasonic rebrands

I already knew this. :V

FSP Aurum Pro all have good reviews on top sites like jonnyguru.com and hardwaresecrets.com which both know what they are talking about when reviewing PSUs.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

I am pretty sure Flextronics makes all the corsair psu's with an "i" in the name. Seasonic does not do all that software/monitoring stuff. 

They are solid. But like with other manufacturers, there are units that range from poor to great. It's a matter of what specific unit we are talking about.

As for the "best" manufacturer, I would say Delta Electronics.

There's only three units that are currently made by Seasonic, which are the HX650v2 (Seasonic G), AX760 and AX860 (Seasonic KM3). Six if you count the TXv2 which is Seasonic SS-***AT. Otherwise, the majority of Corsair PSUs are made by CWT from VS, CX, GS, TX, RM, and HX.

@quan289 is the Corsair TX650W made by corsair?

I had answered this already, and none of their PSUs are made by themselves. There are more than one version of the TX line in which only the non-modular TXv2 line was completely Seasonic. It's based on the S12II/M12II Bronze SS-***AT/AM design like the XFX Core Edition 650-850w, NZXT Hale82-M, Silverpower SP-S***/M, etc.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59407-2-psu-versions/?p=806251

@quan289 is the Corsair TX650W made by corsair?

The original is from Channel Well Technologies. Only the V2 (CNPSU-TX*50V2) serials from the TX line are from Seasonic.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Its the cable management clips on Corsair cases:

c70-10b.png

Source: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassis/41201-corsair-vengeance-c70/?page=2

Personally don't like these since its plastic and it can break easily.

The C70 has both the plastic clips (which are quite useful and can be removed) and the metal tie down points around the grommets. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

That's the same PSU I'm using right now. And no, my bottom mounted one with the fan down shows up fine. It should be reversed on each side to accompany it. And that is the same model number, I simply used an asterick to denote all the possible voltages, from 650-850. I will tell you now though, for the fact that it's a 650W it only has two 6+2 pins, so any SLI/Crossfire you do will require adapters.