Steam takes quite a bit to open back up.

Go to solution Solved by Kiyuubi,

Figured out the solution.  Since my 970 is being RMA'd right now, I am using AMD.  Since I installed the drivers the issues occured.  As soon as I uninstalled, it fixed it, but I needed drivers obviously.  It seems that if "AMD External Events Utility" is NOT running, it causes Steam to act up.  If it is not installed, or RUNNING, then Steam works just fine.

I find it silly that something like that can cause this issue..  I don't know if this will be the case for everyone, but this fixed it for me.

So I have Steam set to open automatically when I turn my computer on.  I noticed, after Steam is already running, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if I click its icon.  Normally it would come up in about a second, now it is not.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but seems to still be there.  It started happening suddenly, and I haven't changed anything.  Has anyone else experienced this, or have a solution?

30s anytime you try to open it or just on startup? Have you noticed any other software ating same way in same situation?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

30s anytime you try to open it or just on startup? Have you noticed any other software ating same way in same situation?

It is already launched.  When I just try to open it it takes around 30 seconds or so, and no.

31 minutes ago, Kiyuubi said:

It is already launched.  When I just try to open it it takes around 30 seconds or so, and no.

What I meant was that is this on startup like I know it takes some time for Skype window to pop on login. Or if its all the time. To note, it takes 1-3s for me too, which I think is because RAM/HDD. Might be your pagefile too, can't be sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What I meant was that is this on startup like I know it takes some time for Skype window to pop on login. Or if its all the time. To note, it takes 1-3s for me too, which I think is because RAM/HDD. Might be your pagefile too, can't be sure.

I noticed the Steam icon pop up in my system tray not too long after booting up, but it never opens itself.  I cannot remember if it is suppose to or not.  When I try to manually open, every single time, it takes around 30 seconds to do so.

I just now tested that it only takes about 30 seconds to open up if I click the icon on my taskbar, but if i launch it from the system tray there is no delay.

Also, when I try to open from taskbar it opens a second process up. 

3F9EbH.png

8 hours ago, Kiyuubi said:

I noticed the Steam icon pop up in my system tray not too long after booting up, but it never opens itself.  I cannot remember if it is suppose to or not.  When I try to manually open, every single time, it takes around 30 seconds to do so.

I just now tested that it only takes about 30 seconds to open up if I click the icon on my taskbar, but if i launch it from the system tray there is no delay.

Also, when I try to open from taskbar it opens a second process up. 

3F9EbH.png

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying earlier. I haven't had Steam autoload with Windows in ages. But I think it isn't supposed to show main screen on startup. I can test it later today how it acts with my PC. But otherwise I have no further ideas why its happening. You can try out with Steam forums/support but prepare to wait few weeks for reply.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I tested this with my own PC and don't have any issues. I'm running Win7 though so that might be a thing. Also I don't get Steam main window on task bar, only at tray (the way I would prefer it anyway). I'm not sure if its some setting as I didn't see anything in menu for it. So only things I could think are OS being issue, or pagefile. Mine is set pretty high, 8gb min to 16gb max.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Figured out the solution.  Since my 970 is being RMA'd right now, I am using AMD.  Since I installed the drivers the issues occured.  As soon as I uninstalled, it fixed it, but I needed drivers obviously.  It seems that if "AMD External Events Utility" is NOT running, it causes Steam to act up.  If it is not installed, or RUNNING, then Steam works just fine.

I find it silly that something like that can cause this issue..  I don't know if this will be the case for everyone, but this fixed it for me.