AMD’s 7th Generation APU specifications leaked – 50% faster than Kaveri

LeapFrogMasterRace
15 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

I've been in the world of laptops since 2003 as I was able to get more use out of laptops than desktops. None of my laptops with Pentium 4 3.2GHz, Celeron M380, Pentium M, CD T2600, C2D T7600, PhII P920 and N970 ever had any thermal issues. And the times they did overheat (blocked vents, external or dust), they at least thermal throttled-even the Phenom II, and didn't risk series damage to the laptop or injury to me. So far with the APU in this I've found it to have no thermal protection at all like early Athlon chips. The damn thing caused this notebook to get hot enough to burn me as it was running at 107oC on the GPU (the CPU has a shit sensor, like every other CMT CPU/APU from AMD) and still running at its boost speed of 1.8GHz, with the GPU also not throttling. And that was all with the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006. Which ran very well on even an Ati Mobility Radeon 9000igp and Pentium 4 3.2GHz. 

BTW I'm not pissed at you but AMD, because the design flaws in their APU really are retarded-especially when the K10 CPU and APU (yes they were the first) lack the same flaws.

Holy hell, 107C? My laptop's only hit like 93C and that was literally it running under a fucking blanket.

My laptop averages around 85C while playing TF2. My laptop doesn't throttle as far as I can tell, either. What laptop has that A8?

Also, I understand you being pissed at AMD lol

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Holy hell, 107C? My laptop's only hit like 93C and that was literally it running under a fucking blanket.

My laptop averages around 85C while playing TF2. My laptop doesn't throttle as far as I can tell, either. What laptop has that A8?

Also, I understand you being pissed at AMD lol

This unfortunately was designed to handle a 19W processor, and handle it safely, however the APU doesn't stay under 19W like it should, and that combined with its lack of thermal protection-something that wasn't missing in anything from after the Athlon up to K10-makes this thing run hot and dangerous, especially considering the fact that the battery has been getting too hot.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

This unfortunately was designed to handle a 19W processor, and handle it safely, however the APU doesn't stay under 19W like it should, and that combined with its lack of thermal protection-something that wasn't missing in anything from after the Athlon up to K10-makes this thing run hot and dangerous, especially considering the fact that the battery has been getting too hot.

rip

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.