Samsung Gear Vr Help and Question

So i have the LG G4 and my friends got me the gear vr for my birthday and it' awesome, but I can't get the gear vr menu to pop up.  I know the device is meant for samsung phones, but is there a way to download the gear vr main menu on my LG G4?  Also, why is the a charging port on the gear vr?  do I need to charge it for it to work or is it just so the gear can charge my phone

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

Gear VR only works with Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The micro-usb is there to connect the buttons (Touchpad, Volume + and -, Back) on the GVR to the phone

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just now, xDanielxOossiex said:

Gear VR only works with Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The micro-usb is there to connect the buttons (Touchpad, Volume + and -, Back) on the GVR to the phone

I know that, but its micro-usb, meaning it connects to my lg g4.  The only thing that isn't working is the app because it's no on the store, is there a place I can download it?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

You simply cannot use the G4 with GVR, the GVR is made by Oculus and Samsung together for Samsung phones.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

The Oculus software is made for Samsung phones, not for any other phone on the market

7 hours ago, littlepigboy5 said:

I know that, but its micro-usb, meaning it connects to my lg g4.  The only thing that isn't working is the app because it's no on the store, is there a place I can download it?

Sorry, but your G4 won't work with the Gear VR. Ask your friend for the receipt, get that 100 bucks back and get a very nice cardboard headset.

While you have the headset anyways, you could download the cardboard app off of the store and MAYBE the gyros, lens, or something will work. If it all fits and works, then you've a very nice VR headset that won't work with oculus home and just google cardboard

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!