Video Capture

If i have an AMD 7950 and I wanted to record my gameplay could i use my old Hd 5450 to record it, to reduce the stress from the 7950? or can i put a 9600 GT to capture video while the 7950 plays the game?

When have you been able to use another card to record a card?

EDIT: no you cant use a card to record another card. Doesnt work that way.

I am a happy wuffy

To record videos you don't actually use a GPU, you would use a video capture card, like this to reduce the stress from your CPU not GPU when recording.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Unless you have hardware recording such as a capture card or use Mrillis Action! then most recording is CPU intensive, it's all encoded using the CPU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Thanks for the clarification. 

also its ussually Hard drive that takes up alot too so you would need to have a seperate HDD to record to.. also use something like OBS which you can play in a resolution and record in a different resolution.