Pc "turning off"

Fryser

Hi i recently downloaded windows 10 and after a couple of minutes testing fps in multiple games i started noticing something strange. My pc kind of "turns off", my fps drop from 300 to 50 for a couple of seconds and sometimes it just completely freezes my whole pc. Something in the pc kind of shuts down and then you can hear the fan/fans kind of turning on again. This is super annoying and it kind of destroys everything that windows 10 brings because i cant play or browse sites because of the freezes. THANKS FOR ANSWERS <333

3 minutes ago, Fryser said:

Hi i recently downloaded windows 10 and after a couple of minutes testing fps in multiple games i started noticing something strange. My pc kind of "turns off", my fps drop from 300 to 50 for a couple of seconds and sometimes it just completely freezes my whole pc. Something in the pc kind of shuts down and then you can hear the fan/fans kind of turning on again. This is super annoying and it kind of destroys everything that windows 10 brings because i cant play or browse sites because of the freezes. THANKS FOR ANSWERS <333

What graphic card do you have

k.. setup? running out of power? did you do clean install(i hope you did)? have you overclocked? are you sure there is nothing else running in the background? installed all the drivers and updates and stuff?

I5 4690k and R9 290 sapphire Vapor-x ,Not overclocked. Ehm i dont know if i did a clean install, i installed w10 from the little windows 10 picture in the corner. Nothing should be running in the background. I updated all drivers from the windows 10 device sections. Also i dont think im running out of power, this just started when i download windows 10. The game also freezes alot when alot of stuff is happening on the screen most of the time.

Also i think my PSU is 550 or 600w

3 minutes ago, Fryser said:

I5 4690k and R9 290 sapphire Vapor-x ,Not overclocked. Ehm i dont know if i did a clean install, i installed w10 from the little windows 10 picture in the corner. Nothing should be running in the background. I updated all drivers from the windows 10 device sections. Also i dont think im running out of power, this just started when i download windows 10. The game also freezes alot when alot of stuff is happening on the screen most of the time.

so by alot of stuff you mean like explosions and stuff that is "harder" for your computer to run? try running a stress test(aida 64 for example, its free trial with no credit card) for some time and see whether your system is stable or not

shit its late. going to bed now. use stresstest, your system isn't stable. then when you verify that your system is unstable, use google or this forum and try to fix it.

I don't know your level of PC knowledge, so if I come across as patronizing it is not intentional.

if you installed from the upgrade notification icon it was not a "clean" install. (ie from an install image unto a fresh formatted storage system)

Have you tried installing the drivers fresh from AMD? if it is using the windows supplied driver or the old win7 driver that may be the issue.

When the game freezes do you see a little popup notification that the display driver has crashed? (may or may not show up)

Have you checked to see if any drivers are missing? (right click the windows icon, left click control panel, left click device manager, look for any " ! " they usually show there is a driver problem)

This spoiler has the steps needed for a clean install

Spoiler

To get the files needed for a clean install go here and follow the directions on "Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?"

Copy any files you wish to keep to a storage location that is not the drive(physical drive) that you will be using to install your OS on.

Then read and follow this guide

Note:"If you upgraded to the free upgrade of Windows 10 from an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, then you will not have a product key. Instead, the PC gets registered on Microsoft activation servers with a digital entitlement that will always be used to activate Windows 10 on that PC."

So you should not need a product key.

Good Luck with your problem hope we can help you fix it.