Buy movies?

DrDray

Where's the best place you can download digital copies of movies that aren't locked down? As in I can download an mkv file of it etc and chuck it on a flashdrive and take it to a friends? Google play and amazon won't let you as far as I'm aware

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

just search the movie on google and put torrent after it and use a program like utorrent to download it.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

3 minutes ago, GtaSeriesFan said:

just search the movie on google and put torrent after it and use a program like utorrent to download it.

I'm well aware how to torrent but I couldn't find a particular movie on any of my regular sites.. Sinister 2 to be exact. That's why I'm resorting to buying it because I really want to see it 

Main PC CPU: i7 14700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X WiFi 7 GPU: Asus Strix 3080ti RAM: Gskill Trident Z5 32gb DDR5 SSD: 990 Pro 2TB, 980 Pro 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

Server: CPU: i7 9700k RAM: Corsair 32gb DDR4 HDD: 36tb Usable SSD: Samsung 500gb NVME Case: Fractal Define R5 PSU: Corsair RM1000e ATX3.0

You can't really get "legit" digital copies of films in mkv format...

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

You can't really get "legit" digital copies of films in mkv format...

Yeah I know I'm just meaning a regular film format like mp4 or avi

1 minute ago, Josh.Drayton said:

Yeah I know I'm just meaning a regular film format like mp4 or avi

Same for other video formats.

Only way to get what you want, is via Jack Sparrowing the movies you want.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

there is some payd streamming servises that alow u to download and watch offline, dunno remember the name of a sutch site right now thoe

Buy the movie on DVD/Bluray and rip it yourself (obviously optical drive and pc needed).

I'm doing that myself for quite some time now (for privat use only) and it works pretty great!

I can even get some Behind the Scenes and other extra material and the best part is, that in my country doing it this way for private use is legal.

(I mostly use Handbrake and MakeMKV.)

24 minutes ago, synnapt said:

there is some payd streamming servises that alow u to download and watch offline, dunno remember the name of a sutch site right now thoe

I believe its "viaplay"

Not sure if you can transfer them onto USBs though

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

30 minutes ago, Bastian said:

Buy the movie on DVD/Bluray and rip it yourself (obviously optical drive and pc needed).

I'm doing that myself for quite some time now (for privat use only) and it works pretty great!

I can even get some Behind the Scenes and other extra material and the best part is, that in my country doing it this way for private use is legal.

(I mostly use Handbrake and MakeMKV.)

this, it's the only legal solution

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Google Play's movie section.  They literally have a download button for personal use on most.  Saw it for Deadpool after I registered my digital copy there.

Sadly thats not available everywhere (like here).

For the moment, there aren't any service which has digital downloads for movies. I'm not sure if even iTunes has it. You will need to go for physical copies and make them digital yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So a lot of stores sell used movies. Buy the flick you want take it home burn it to pc for personal use and return. All the used places in my area have returns within one week of purchase on used items. You get your money back and it is legal all around. At least in the US where there is a clause that let's you copy any media purchased for backup and personal use only. 

Not as easy as clicking buttons but no chance of virus or such.