Exynos S7 Processor in the US

No

I want to get the Exynos Samsung S7 but in America they use snapdragon instead and I see noticeable differences :(

I'm kinda a noob with phones so I'm wondering if it's possible to get the Exynos processor in the US

8 minutes ago, DarkRuskov said:

isn't the snapdragon one better?

Single threaded iirc it was similar or better but multi threaded the Exynos 8890 won by leaps and bounds...

Fortunately the US Galaxy S6 uses the Exynos 7420. It's a pretty good SoC imo...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

You can but the exynos off of ebay brand new butbut the warranty won't work in the us. Samsung pay also might not work. One more thing to take note of are the bands supportedsupported. What carrier do you have? 

6 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

You can but the exynos off of ebay brand new butbut the warranty won't work in the us. Samsung pay also might not work. One more thing to take note of are the bands supportedsupported. What carrier do you have? 

verizon

1 minute ago, No said:

verizon

The Exynos version won't work because it doesn't have a CDMA modem, you have to get the Snapdragon version.

21 hours ago, No said:

I want to get the Exynos Samsung S7 but in America they use snapdragon instead and I see noticeable differences :(

I'm kinda a noob with phones so I'm wondering if it's possible to get the Exynos processor in the US

Well, if you search it on sites like Newegg/Amazon they claim to sell the international versions.

Here

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

Well, if you search it on sites like Newegg/Amazon they claim to sell the international versions.

Here

it says  Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon

1 hour ago, No said:

it says  Unlocked cell phones will not work with CDMA Carriers like Sprint, Verizon

Ah okay

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

On 18.5.2016 at 6:02 AM, DarkRuskov said:

isn't the snapdragon one better?

Not really. Single Core performance might be better in Benchmarks, but Tests shown, that the Exynos version:

- Starts apps slightly faster

- has a better Ram Management (should be a software issue tho..)

- has a 15-35% longer battery Life (Exynos chip seems to have a much better power management. More Cores really seem to help to adapt to different scenarios better. Also, the Adreno GPU draws MUCH more power than the Mali. The Battery Life during OpenGL Web browsing test (gpu works) is much longer. While on normal browsing, its just slightly longer). gsm arena should have tested both versions in terms of battery life, and also arstechnica.

(Differencs can be 7 hours screen on time, instead of 5 hours)

- Exynos version is easier to Root/unlock.

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

- Exynos version is easier to Root/unlock.

I thought there are more ROMs for the snapdragon since it was better supported by drivers, or it isn't true anymore?

1 hour ago, DarkRuskov said:

I thought there are more ROMs for the snapdragon since it was better supported by drivers, or it isn't true anymore?

Qualcomm made it easier for carriers to lock the bootloader of the new snapdragon. Anyways, there's no benefit of going with a custom rom because you lose the ability to use Samsung Pay or Android Pay among other things.

1 hour ago, DarkRuskov said:

Yup, see the Answer above.

While Snapdraogn CPU might be supported better because of drivers, it doesnt help as long the Bootloader is locked tighter than anything. If i'm not mistaken, there isnt even just a working Root yet available (after over 2,5 months)

14 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Qualcomm made it easier for carriers to lock the bootloader of the new snapdragon. Anyways, there's no benefit of going with a custom rom because you lose the ability to use Samsung Pay or Android Pay among other things.

the last couple of phones i used were all on custom roms since for me they are much better overall and i don't really care for "pay" services.