Cannot play most games on my computer

Hi so i recently bought a new graphics card for my computer to replace the integrated one that was in it, i bought a gtx 970, I bought this so I could play dark souls 3 at a higher frame rate than my previous computer but the problem is that whenever I try to launch the game it will take me through the menu options and then go to either a white, black or grey screen (for some reason it changes). Other games do this as well but not all of them, i tested this out on 4 games. Superhot ran fine, Alien Isolation ran good and MGS 5 had the same crashing issue as dark souls. Apparently this is a driver issue with them conflicting but no matter what I tried to do nothing seems to work, i reset my entire computer, redownloaded the graphics card, tried different options, the only thing that seemed to work was if i was to play dark souls at around 480p but since I spent so much on this card that is unideal to say the least. Please help if you have any ideas. 

Hmm interesting. Can you provide all of your system specs? Cpu, mobo, psu, ram etc?

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

13 minutes ago, niko99 said:

Hi so i recently bought a new graphics card for my computer to replace the integrated one that was in it, i bought a gtx 970, I bought this so I could play dark souls 3 at a higher frame rate than my previous computer but the problem is that whenever I try to launch the game it will take me through the menu options and then go to either a white, black or grey screen (for some reason it changes). Other games do this as well but not all of them, i tested this out on 4 games. Superhot ran fine, Alien Isolation ran good and MGS 5 had the same crashing issue as dark souls. Apparently this is a driver issue with them conflicting but no matter what I tried to do nothing seems to work, i reset my entire computer, redownloaded the graphics card, tried different options, the only thing that seemed to work was if i was to play dark souls at around 480p but since I spent so much on this card that is unideal to say the least. Please help if you have any ideas. 

Did you properly uninstall the intel drivers and installed the Nvidia drivers?

Did you in the BIOS change your (I forget kinda) GPU setting from IGD (integrated graphics display) to your GPU?

Yesterday you opened another thread, make a screenshot of your device manager with the point "Processors" open.

Or just tell us which Processor, Mainboard, OS, PSU you have.

Where did you buy the PC? What make?

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

The pc was kind of a hand me down from family but i still took it because it had a pretty good processor in it, the os is windows 10, the power supply is 500 W which is what is required for the computer. I did not uninstall the old drivers due to me not being able to find them I do however remember it displaying with something along the lines of "windows default graphics" or something like that. I dont remember changing any BIOS settings but I did look to see if I could find any. And the processory is a A10- 7800