portugal ran on renewable energy alone for four days

vitor_cut

Wonder how many people in this thread work or know someone that works in the "classical" energy industry

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.5.2016 at 0:01 PM, ElfenSky said:

Low population (relatively) and mounty terrain make life easy, you know.

Still, it IS a cool achievement nevertheless.

When it comes to having lot of mountains and hills:

When it comes to electricity, yes it makes it easier to have Hydro power.

But solar energy is less effective if you dont put them on the tops (and that is not the best idea)

It also makes it harder to put down electricity cables from north to south.

Putting down internet cables or having 4G on phones is also harder.

Making train lines is also harder.

There is a lot of negative things about having a lot of hills and mountains (and valleys) :) 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

But one thing that is true, is that coal is the worst way to make electricity. A lot of people die because of it.

Using charcoal makes it better, but its still bad.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

That's great!

... now let's start doing it full-time :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:01 AM, That Norwegian Guy said:

Meanwhile Norway's on its 13th year of 96% Hydro energy :P

No seriously that is cool though, gj

meanwhile Hong Kong is like 100% Coal PowerPlants. All day every day.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),