Colin McRae Book Finally On Sale

2w7g4r9.png

Three years in the making, and finally on sale today. With the aid of WRC media veterans from McKlein photography, this is a book that takes you back through time and gives you insight into what it was like to be Colin McRae. It gives you a picture of the impact he had on his family, his teammates, and his fellow competitors, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of rally fans worldwide. In short, it's a written documentary of his career from when he started rallying in the early 90s after being scouted by Subaru all the way to his untimely death in September 2007. The way McRae was able to push in the cars they had a few years ago... and on those stages.. it's hard to believe at first, really. I'm pretty sure there is even a bit of R4 and his Goodwood stuff in there as well.

I know the majority of you don't know who Colin McRae is, or probably don't even care about stage rallies and rallycross. But here's a fun fact you probably didn't know. It was because of McRae and others like him that we got rally games such as Codemaster's DIRT series. In fact, McRae was heavily involved in the development of the first DIRT game. Now, I wasn't fortunate enough to be able to watch McRae in the peak of his career. The first time I watched him live was when he was competing in the X-games, most notably when he rolled his car in a heat against Ken Block. Since then, I've watched numerous documentaries and have gone through various WRC records just to follow his growth and accomplishments. Everything from his time at Prodrive (Subaru) to disobeying team orders with Ford, even his spectacular crashes and end-over-end barrel rolls. It's this kind of "no fear" driving that makes rally so appealing to me and others alike.

However you look at it, McRae was a huge influence on both the sport and everything tied to the sport, whether it be drivers (both past and present) that follow his style or the teams he competed with. Now of course, if you don't have the money to shell out for a picture book with a bunch of words in it, there are a bunch of great documentaries floating around the internet for you to peruse. If you're interested in giving this book a try, you can find more info here: www.mcraebook.com

"If in doubt, flat out." - Colin Mcrae (1968-2007)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Well this is interesting... 

Not sure if spam, or just completely random.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

There are a couple of members here that are interested in automotive motorsports, not just pure tech. A few of them recommend various rally related items every now and then and I just thought this might interest that specific group of people, however small it may be.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB