Best pokemon game?

Imaginary Friend
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
3 minutes ago, Sans said:

I have noticed that every pokemon game comes out with two version like Diamond and pearl, black and white or heartgold and soulsilver. So what's the difference between these versions

The legendary Pokémon you can capture in the game (always shown on the cover art), very small story changes sometimes and the Pokémon you can capture in the wild.

No huge differences. In the first generation the difference was only the Pokémon you could capture in the wild, the Pokémon on the cover of Red, Blue and Yellow were Charizard, Blastoise and Pikachu respectively for example.

If there is a third game released though (like for Diamond and Pearl, you have Platinum or for Ruby and Sapphire you have Emerald)) I would suggest the third game at all times.

So i have never played any of the pokemon games (I know im wierd)

and i wanted to finally to play it!

So i went on the "Interwebs" and i see these Pokemon Red and Blue, Pokemon Sapphire and something i dunno. And im confused... so please give me some recommendations on a pokemon game i should play!

blue and red were the first games (not fire red just red) but you can play any

Pokemon Gold/Silver or their remakes, HeartGold/SoulSilver are regarded as the best in the series.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

blue and red were the first games (not fire red just red) but you can play any

Well like i said i have never played Pokemon :P

1 minute ago, Sans said:

Well like i said i have never played Pokemon :P

all the games are the same just different regions and different pokemon. story changes a little but its not really story based, youll have different bad guys per game, like team magma, team rocket, team aqua ect.. play anyone that looks good to you

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

all the games are the same just different regions and different pokemon. story changes a little but its not really story based, youll have different bad guys per game, like team magma, team rocket, team aqua ect.. play anyone that looks good to you

Well im a big fan of these 8-bit 16-bit games and pokemon caught my eye like 5 years ago but i wasn't able to play it... but soon ill have the time to play it.

2 minutes ago, Sans said:

Well im a big fan of these 8-bit 16-bit games and pokemon caught my eye like 5 years ago but i wasn't able to play it... but soon ill have the time to play it.

you can always use an emulator 

13 minutes ago, Sans said:

So i have never played any of the pokemon games (I know im wierd)

and i wanted to finally to play it!

So i went on the "Interwebs" and i see these Pokemon Red and Blue, Pokemon Sapphire and something i dunno. And im confused... so please give me some recommendations on a pokemon game i should play!

My favorite is HeartGold and if you have never played any of the Pokémon games I would probably recommend a 3rd (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or Leafgreen) or 4th (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver) generation Pokémon game because 1st gen (Red, Blue, Yellow) feels VERY outdated and gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal) too.

You could also play a newer one like X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but you will probably be figuratively blown away by all the stuff in the game. HeartGold or SoulSilver are probably the perfect to start with (or maybe FireRed or Leafgreen) because they are still modern generations, but older regions (because they are remakes) so will still have all the good features, while not having too many (new) Pokémon.

You can emulate 3rd gen and lower games very easily, some of the 4th gen games are kinda easy to emulate, 5th gen a bit harder and 6th gen you can't emulate now so yea

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Minibois said:

My favorite is HeartGold and if you have never played any of the Pokémon games I would probably recommend a 3rd (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed or Leafgreen) or 4th (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver) generation Pokémon game because 1st gen (Red, Blue, Yellow) feels VERY outdated and gen 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal) too.

You could also play a newer one like X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but you will probably be figuratively blown away by all the stuff in the game. HeartGold or SoulSilver are probably the perfect to start with (or maybe FireRed or Leafgreen) because they are still modern generations, but older regions (because they are remakes) so will still have all the good features, while not having too many (new) Pokémon.

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

you can always use an emulator 

I have noticed that every pokemon game comes out with two version like Diamond and pearl, black and white or heartgold and soulsilver. So what's the difference between these versions

usually a small variation in locations (ie a City in Black and White is different from a version to another) and there's a bunch of pokemons only available in one version and another bunch available in the other version. Hence forcing the player to trade and/or have both version to complete the pokedex

The legendary Pokémon you can capture in the game (always shown on the cover art), very small story changes sometimes and the Pokémon you can capture in the wild.

No huge differences. In the first generation the difference was only the Pokémon you could capture in the wild, the Pokémon on the cover of Red, Blue and Yellow were Charizard, Blastoise and Pikachu respectively for example.

If there is a third game released though (like for Diamond and Pearl, you have Platinum or for Ruby and Sapphire you have Emerald)) I would suggest the third game at all times.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/