Samsung will announce a curved smart-phone next month.

It's a small article, so just going to quote it in full.

In the midst of Samsung's global launch for its Note 3, the company is already thinking about its next big reveal. This time around, it'll involve a curved display. The unnamed device could appear in Korea next month, according to Reuters, although Yonhap News (through the wonders of Google Translate) was told to expect a new device announcement some time in Q4. In either case, it's soon. The last time we heard about Samsung's handheld flexible displays was back in CES in January, where a 5.5-inch prototype device named 'Youm' was revealed -- that's what you can see above. The prototype's screen stretched to the outer edges of the device and was able to display notifications along the side, although the handheld itself wasn't flexible. According to Park Sang-jin, CEO of Samsung SDI, the new device will use a similar OLED panel and will be curve-shaped ("not completely flexible"), which will "differentiate" the device from Samsung's existing smartphone family. We suspect it may arrive with that new camera sensor too.

Sourcehttp://www.engadget.com/2013/09/24/samsung-curved-smartphone-launch-q4-2013/

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

awesome i cant wait for them to start using the real oled and i hope this has the same as the A7 or better 64bit processor.

awesome i cant wait for them to start using the real oled and i hope this has the same as the A7 or better 64bit processor.

Well with Samsung and LG calling a truce over the OLED law suits we should start seeing some awesome new screens coming.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Well with Samsung and LG calling a truce over the OLED law suits we should start seeing some awesome new screens coming.

awesome i had no idea about the law suit i thought they werent using because of something to do with the blues not lasting long or something and it being expensive to manufacturer :S it is a real shame that phones are driving new display technology instead of tvs and monitors everything comes out first on phones these days.

awesome i had no idea about the law suit i thought they werent using because of something to do with the blues not lasting long or something and it being expensive to manufacturer :S it is a real shame that phones are driving new display technology instead of tvs and monitors everything comes out first on phones these days.

http://www.samsung.com/us/oled-tv/

Amen to that xD

I've had my eye on their new 65" 3d & 4k TV with the tiny bezel. Tempted to pick it up on my next check :(

UHD_TV_65F9000_pers%28screen%29-%281%29_

I honestly don't care about phone displays. Give me a 4k OLED computer monitor at a price that mortals could consider and I would have a hard time keeping my debit card on a leash.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

I've had my eye on their new 65" 3d & 4k TV with the tiny bezel. Tempted to pick it up on my next check :(

D: OH MY do it. How much is this thing?! O.o

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

On sale for $4,999 right now at BestBuy

a lot of zee moneys xD could be worth it though... but how much content could you watch in 4k at the moment though... not a lot but still xD

PROFILEYEAH

a lot of zee moneys xD could be worth it though... but how much content could you watch in 4k at the moment though... not a lot but still xD

I heard something not sure if true about 4k discs/blu ray being upwards of 100 Gigs

I heard something not sure if true about 4k discs/blu ray being upwards of 100 Gigs

dude that's SICK xD

PROFILEYEAH

dude that's SICK xD

Well, 4k is basically four 1920*1080 screens. And a 1080p Bluray is 25GB.

I'm in the camp of "give me 4k monitor or TV for 500 euro or less and I'll care about it".

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

wasnt the galaxy nexus curved ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm definitely looking forward to see what they come up with.

wasnt the galaxy nexus curved ?

This is a flexible display not just a slightly curved rigid display.