Non-bucket seat chairs for prolonged work.

Go to solution Solved by revoconner,

So I went for an Herman Miller clone and been using it for two months now. It's quite comfortable and I hadn't had any pain since. Search for Kings Furnishing AVT-08 on Amazon.

I am a digital artist and game developer by profession and has to work long hours at a stretch. I am currently using a simple leather chair that is not very ergonomic in the sense that it's very hard to seat on, not adjustable at all and the head rest is missing. 

I am 6'1" (183cm) and I was hoping anyone could point me to some comfortable chair for computer use with

• a fair (or rather lots of) adjustments,
  • a nice head rest
  • but in a non bucket style that is popular in the market these days as I have the same problem as @Slick with broad shoulders that curves forward making my muscles sore over prolonged use.
  • A lockable wheel is an added bonus so that I can lift up my feet while I watch some random videos or enjoy a session of LTT videos.
  • International shipping because I live in India (or an indian manufacture?) 

Thanks in advance! 

Two of the main players in ergonomic office chairs are Steelcase and Herman Miller, both are really good afaik, come with excellent warranties but prepare to dish out a lot more money for them. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

You could check out HumanScale as well, they make some nice work chairs.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Steelcase Gesture Extremely comfortable, and designed to be sat in all day. Remember that chairs especial are very hard to tell if you like them if you have not sat in them yet.

PC SPECS: CPU: i5 4460, MOBO: Asrock H97 Anniversary, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB, GPU: MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB, CASE: Cooler Master N200, Storage: 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Coasair CX600

Active Folder

I've also been looking at getting a chair as well, so count me in too.  I would like the NeedForSeat series if it was less expensive and wasn't bucket seat style.  (I don't want an "executive style office chair" type though.  I'm 6', 210#, and have been practically destroying our wooden kitchen chairs. :/ Also I sometimes sit sideways in the chair, just to shift positions.  (Maybe I sit too long? :D)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 0:06 AM, PianoPlayer88Key said:

I've also been looking at getting a chair as well, so count me in too.  I would like the NeedForSeat series if it was less expensive and wasn't bucket seat style.  (I don't want an "executive style office chair" type though.  I'm 6', 210#, and have been practically destroying our wooden kitchen chairs. :/ Also I sometimes sit sideways in the chair, just to shift positions.  (Maybe I sit too long? :D)

yeah sometimes i sit sideways too. I work for 14 hours straight (not counting the fries and bathroom breaks)

• 1 year later...