What did you do with your first computer?

27-bit
I don't remember. I'm at my third computer and I'm thinking about making the last one a dedicated Minecraft server :)
ohh this is a great idea!! why didn't I think of it:p

=

My parents computer they bought in '06, I always tore that thing apart and just...did stuff with it. Now I'm the IT guy of the house and help several friends and family members and I'm majoring in computer engineering

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

LOL just made my first PC this summer. I used to play BF3 on a laptop (6770m GPU) at 720p with low-med settings. When I made my PC with a 3770k and a 670 I ran BF3 for the first time on it and I had so much joy and happiness in me from seeing it at 1080p Ultra at 60 fps knowing that I don't have to live under the GPU bottleneck of a laptop anymore.

LOL just made my first PC this summer. I used to play BF3 on a laptop (6770m GPU) at 720p with low-med settings. When I made my PC with a 3770k and a 670 I ran BF3 for the first time on it and I had so much joy and happiness in me from seeing it at 1080p Ultra at 60 fps knowing that I don't have to live under the GPU bottleneck of a laptop anymore.
is your laptop a pavilion dv6? cuase i have and it includes a 6770m and it run BF3 on high or even ultra! but i can't remember the fps nor the res but was payable..

=

KidPix! Also Lego Island, I think we got that in a cereal box or something, was kickass

Kept my RAM and my processor, they are now my lucky charms!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

My first PC was a Pentium Pro with about 16 MB of RAM later was upgraded to 32 MB I remember playing Doom, Doom 2, Hexen,Heretic and gold hunt on it, such good old times :D

That PC still runs to this day, and is being used by a family member. I remember it breaking down so many times that I was forced to fix it myself because paying a technician would cost too much. That PC is the reason why I'm in IT today.

I slapped a cheap ass gpu in it and a new HDD and it sits in my garage for music and stuff when i'm in my pool :D

yea It was a DV6-6195CA and I could only run on medium at 720P with 40 FPS.

Actually learned to program.... Tandy TRS-80 Model 3... Still sitting in my basement. Still works too.

I melted the CPU pins down for the gold. I got a nugget of gold alloy that is around the size of a 6mm BB.

I took the hard drive and now it is part of a RAID 1 encrypted volume that I store all of my stolen top secret white house documents in.

I shot the screen with a BB gun a few times.

i returned it the moment i left the store because the stupid salesman lied about the specs..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

My first was an Apple2. I wish my parents had kept it!

On my very first computer i just played games (amiga 500)

On my first pc i just played games :p (Olivetti 486 dx2)

While using it I was wishing I had enough money to buy a good computer.

Commander Keen, C&C, Doom, Quake, SimCity...Was quite young then, ended up giving it away to a friend in need when I upgraded. Really miss my Voodoo :(

I still have my Atari ST stored away somewhere in my mothers house.. Good times playing bubble bobble, lemmings etc. with my little brother :)

I still have my Atari ST stored away somewhere in my mothers house.. Good times playing bubble bobble, lemmings etc. with my little brother :)
Damn I forgot about lemmings, good call!

Took it apart, kept the GPU and trashed the rest. Regret throwing it out now...

MY BUILD CONSISTS OF

• Case: Corsair 600T White Edition
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.50GHz
  • HSF: Corsair H100
  • GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 Revision
  • SSD: SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
  • HDD1: Western Digital Black 500GB (Storage)
  • HDD2: Western Digital 320GB (Music)
  • HDD3: Toshiba 120GB (SSD Backup)
  • PSU: SilverStone Strider Plus 850w

Played alot of AOE2 :D
Same here so many hours spent on that game

built it and sold it then built a better one hahaha

Gave it back to my father !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Burnt down with the house, wish I still had it today, be worth a pretty penny to a collector. Tandy TRS-80 color computer. My friend still has his mini version of the same with the external floppy drive.

Keep it for spares :) Great if you need to diagnose a broken system
that is the exact reason why I always took apart my fathers machine! I had to diagnose, so his components needed to be the test bunnies.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green