Front Mounted Radiator On A 760t, Any Disadvantages?

Godrick

Hey!

I've now got my self a H100i V2 and have been thinking of this for a while but would there be any downside to mounting the radiator at the front of the case, besides having one of the Hard Drive cages removed?

My intention is to set it up similar to how Linus has done it in his 4k build, where I get to keep the top cover still on the case without having to mod it or take it off entirely to give it some breathing space.

Spoiler

I know the stock fans that come with the 760t aren't that optimal for the radiator, but are they still functional? Will they cause any damage if I don't dish out for some static pressure fans right away?

Any one know of any good replacements for the stock fans that keep the aesthetics of the case the same, as in still white with white leds?

Thanks !!

CPU: AMD 5800X3D / Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S / Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 / GPU: EVGA GTX1070 SC / RAM 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB / SSD: WD Black NVME / HDD 1: ADATA XPG SX9200 Pro / HDD 2: Lexus NS100 / PSU: CORSAIR RM850 / Case: Corsair 5000D

Shouldn't be an issue as long as they're dual 120mm fans. Air might be hotter coming into the case but it might not be a big deal

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

41 minutes ago, afyeung said:

Shouldn't be an issue as long as they're dual 120mm fans. Air might be hotter coming into the case but it might not be a big deal

Ah cool, i agree a little bit more hot air in the case shouldn't be a big deal, 970 windforce keeps it nice and cool and the ram isn't really effected

CPU: AMD 5800X3D / Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S / Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 / GPU: EVGA GTX1070 SC / RAM 64GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB / SSD: WD Black NVME / HDD 1: ADATA XPG SX9200 Pro / HDD 2: Lexus NS100 / PSU: CORSAIR RM850 / Case: Corsair 5000D