Your feedback about my online tool

Hi,

I'm working on a website called TossedCoin.com and it's basically a very simple/fun website allowing you to take random decisions. You can enter a question and it would randomly say "yes" or "no", or you could enter a list of option and it would randomly pick one up for you. This is just an opportunity for me to test my JavaScript skills, but I really would like to do something good.

So this is in Beta. Actually if I uploaded it to my server, it's because knowing that people can actually see it would motivate me, otherwise I would just keep procrastinating (I've had this idea a couple years ago, and I just uploaded the website).

For now it only has basic features, the last tab was supposed to contain a contact form to make suggestions but I'll probably do that later. I also noticed that it doesn't look as good in some browsers (I've worked with Chrome) and on mobile devices but I'm going to address this this weekend. I also want to add a share feature so that people can share their results on social networks.

Please post any suggestions and constructive remarks here and/or on the Facebook page (I would really appreciate a like). I'm ready to do implement any feature that you like. Having a little community would be awesome. I'm also working on a few other projects...

Thanks a lot.

It looks nice and it works. I'm guessing random number generator?

It isn't the best at predictions.

Screenshot_2016-05-12_07-00-43.png

you have to scroll up and down when using a standard laptop resolution (1366 * 768)

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

will be linking these to people asking about gtx 1070 or 1080 :D

edit: added screenshot

Spoiler

Screenshot (7).png

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, MagnesiumPC said:

Screenshot_2016-05-12_07-00-43.png

Haha. Can you share this on the Facebook page please?

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

its hard to tell what areas are clickable

Thanks for your feedback ;)

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Feel free to share your results. Maybe having a database to track results or something like that when there's a big release or a big event would be a good idea.

19 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Hide contents

Screenshot (7).png

It's not that bad at predictions after all ! Feel free to share the screenshot on FB or Twitter ;)

22 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

I'm working on a website called TossedCoin.com and it's basically a very simple/fun website allowing you to take random decisions. You can enter a question and it would randomly say "yes" or "no", or you could enter a list of option and it would randomly pick one up for you. This is just an opportunity for me to test my JavaScript skills, but I really would like to do something good.

So this is in Beta. Actually if I uploaded it to my server, it's because knowing that people can actually see it would motivate me, otherwise I would just keep procrastinating (I've had this idea a couple years ago, and I just uploaded the website).

For now it only has basic features, the last tab was supposed to contain a contact form to make suggestions but I'll probably do that later. I also noticed that it doesn't look as good in some browsers (I've worked with Chrome) and on mobile devices but I'm going to address this this weekend. I also want to add a share feature so that people can share their results on social networks.

Please post any suggestions and constructive remarks here and/or on the Facebook page (I would really appreciate a like). I'm ready to do implement any feature that you like. Having a little community would be awesome. I'm also working on a few other projects...

Thanks a lot.

You might want to have a dedicated button to submit the question :) 

Also for some reason, every single one of my question was answered as no  ...maybe  im just unlucky

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

You might want to have a dedicated button to submit the question :) 

Also for some reason, every single one of my question was answered as no  ...maybe  im just unlucky

Yes you are just unlucky. You would get Yes answers if you try again. I don't understand your remark about the dedicated button though.

Once i typed my question i wanted to click naturally as i would in a webpage not press enter.

Just now, IAmAndre said:

Yes you are just unlucky. You would get Yes answers if you try again. I don't understand your remark about the dedicated button though.

Like instead of pressing Enter to submit, it would be better if there was a button to submit...not really neccessary though , just gave the feedback for the sake of it....

Spoiler

Can't get multiple option choices to work at all ???

2 minutes ago, mluton said:

Once i typed my question i wanted to click naturally as i would in a webpage not press enter.

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Like instead of pressing Enter to submit, it would be better if there was a button to submit...not really neccessary though , just gave the feedback for the sake of it....

OK I get your point. I will fix this this weekend. Thanks a lot. Please like the FB page to be informed about the changes. Thanks for keep me busy ;)

Just now, IAmAndre said:

OK I get your point. I will fix this this weekend. Thanks a lot. Please like the FB page to be informed about the changes. Thanks for keep me busy ;)

no problem

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Supersahen said:

The ability to share and enter questions through url queries would be pretty cool.

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post, that's the next feature I want to add. Thanks for the feedback.

You might as well  do a strawpoll type section, then you have all bases covered.

1 minute ago, mluton said:

You might as well  do a strawpoll type section, then you have all bases covered.

Hmm I think with a strawpoll we would lose the concept of randomness, right?

1 minute ago, IAmAndre said:

Hmm I think with a strawpoll we would lose the concept of randomness, right?

Your right, but.......you could expand with a sub section "need an answer"

4 minutes ago, mluton said:

Your right, but.......you could expand with a sub section "need an answer"

Gotcha ! I'll consider adding this when the sharing feature is implemented. Thanks :)

11 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post, that's the next feature I want to add. Thanks for the feedback.

Completely read over that >.>

Anyways your code is really nice and tidy.

Unrelated to your javascript though, you are missing a doctype declaration at the top.  <!DOCTYPE html> 

Not really the most important thing as browsers will assume the doctype, it just causes a few strange things to happen and is usually considered bad practice.

6 minutes ago, Supersahen said:

Completely read over that >.>

Anyways your code is really nice and tidy.

Unrelated to your javascript though, you are missing a doctype declaration at the top.  <!DOCTYPE html> 

Not really the most important thing as browsers will assume the doctype, it just causes a few strange things to happen.

19 minutes ago, mluton said:

Can't get multiple option choices to work at all ???

Added the Doctype and fixed the issue some people might be having with the multiple choice section. Let me know if you still can't use it. Thanks

1 hour ago, MagnesiumPC said:

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot (7).png

Holly crap! I just realized that the Facebook link wasn't the right one. I just updated the link. Sorry if you were redirected to an Indian account. I am NOT that Indian guy !