Minecraft Local Server over ethernet switch

Creed1
4 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

i said "Save yourself some time and create a server with Hamachi " implying don't bother with a server , Hamachi setup takes a few minutes 

That is not what I'm asking. Hamachi basically puts you into a remote LAN (not really, but for the current example) then you have to set up a local server. Hamachi has no use whatsoever on your own local network.

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

That is not what I'm asking. Hamachi basically puts you into a remote LAN (not really, but for the current example) then you have to set up a local server. Hamachi has no use whatsoever on your own local network.

If it was setup with Hamachi it would allow the people in the club to connect to the server from home given the machine was still running

CORRECT. But right now he is troubleshooting trying to figure out why they can't connect while already on the same LAN. Hamachi is utterly useless and irrelevant in this case.

He needs to set static addresses, or set up a DHCP server (plugging in damn near any router will suffice)

@FirstArmada you have misunderstood the issue at hand; there is no point in a VPN service here. They are all (essentially) physically connected directly to each other but, since they lack any IP networking, the computers have no way to communicate. A DHCP server (like @JoeyDM said "any router will do") or statically assigning IP addresses will fix the issue.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

3 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

CORRECT. But right now he is troubleshooting trying to figure out why they can't connect while already on the same LAN. Hamachi is utterly useless in this case.

He needs to set static addresses, or setup a DHCP server (plugging in damn near any router will suffice)

1 minute ago, Sunshine1868 said:

@FirstArmada you have misunderstood the issue at hand; there is no point in a VPN service here. They are all (essentially) physically connected directly to each other but, since they lack any IP networking, the computers have no way to communicate. A DHCP server (like @JoeyDM said "any router will do") or statically assigning IP addresses will fix the issue.

Was just a suggestion to allow the club members to connect from home and from school

And you posed it as a solution to his issue when it was irrelevant to the situation. Don't confuse the OP, he said that networking isn't his specialty. 

I do agree, setting up a VPN to allow club member to play from home would be cool, although it may utterly eliminate attendance. 

1 minute ago, FirstArmada said:

Was just a suggestion to allow the club members to connect from home and from school

I understand your intent however it was unnecessary and does not help OP solve his issue.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all