Way to select which updates to install?

Hello All! I have a ThinkPad running Windows 10 and recently spent hours attempting to fix an issue that was occurring even after 2 Windows re installations and then finally found out that it was a bad update. At this point I should mention that I have told Windows (via "gpedit.msc") to ask me to download and Install updates. Anyhow uninstalled the bad update and everything worked just as it should. I would like to check/update my system but can't get around this update. any way to install new updates with out installing the old broken update? The update that broke my installation (when i say broke i mean my fingerprint drivers and other services would stop running.) was update KB3147458

On 5/10/2016 at 10:41 PM, beaker15 said:

Hello All! I have a ThinkPad running Windows 10 and recently spent hours attempting to fix an issue that was occurring even after 2 Windows re installations and then finally found out that it was a bad update. At this point I should mention that I have told Windows (via "gpedit.msc") to ask me to download and Install updates. Anyhow uninstalled the bad update and everything worked just as it should. I would like to check/update my system but can't get around this update. any way to install new updates with out installing the old broken update? The update that broke my installation (when i say broke i mean my fingerprint drivers and other services would stop running.) was update KB3147458

You can semi control updates on Win 10 pro, however from what my friend said, it will auto install anything security related. You can defer other updates for like 3 weeks before forcing install. Its just how shit goes. Only control you have is scheduling your machine to restart thats about it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.