Pc freezes with solid color screen and buzzing (also a CPU error)

Zynch175

Problem:

Whilst playing Space Engineers my PC crashed, and displayed solid blue color, and there was also a weird buzzing noise coming from the speakers (and/or headphones). I also attached a video of this. Also I think it was last Friday, that I was trying out Overwatch, the PC crashed in the same way, the only difference being, that the screen was red instead of blue.

Looking through the forum, it resembles the crashes from this topic: 

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 running at stock

MOBO: MSI 970A-G43

RAM: Crucial Balistix Tactical 1600 16G

GPU: Sapphire R7 260X

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120G

HDD: WD Green 2T, Hitachi 500G

PSU: XFX TS 550W 80 plus bronze

COOLER: Scythe Mugen 4

What I tried:

Like in the other topic I mentioned, I tried running benchmarks. I used Heaven and Aida64. The first time I run them, after completing and closing Heaven, the PC completely froze, Aida stopped at around 40 seconds in. The second time It finished with no problems, but the PC was lagging, and upon checking task manager there was a process "System and compressed memory" using a third of my CPU anyone knows what that could be?

During benchmarks the max temps were 56°C for CPU and 72°C for GPU.

Does anyone know what could be responsible for this.

PC problem.mp4

An issue such as this could be any number of problems, Your best bet right know is to change out components one at a time and see if there is any change. I'd probably start with unplugging all unnecessary peripherals. If that doesn't help then your boot drive and put another one in. If it still cashes move to RAM, if still crashes move to GPU, if still crashes move to CPU, if still crashes move to PSU, if none of that helps your motherboard might very well be faulty. Sometimes just reseating components can make a system magically work again.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

An issue such as this could be any number of problems, Your best bet right know is to change out components one at a time and see if there is any change. I'd probably start with unplugging all unnecessary peripherals. If that doesn't help then your boot drive and put another one in. If it still cashes move to RAM, if still crashes move to GPU, if still crashes move to CPU, if still crashes move to PSU, if none of that helps your motherboard might very well be faulty. Sometimes just reseating components can make a system magically work again.

I know, that I should start with changing out components, but the problem is, that I don't have any that I could try to swap them with :( 

I'll try reseating everything. But with a issue that seems to happen randomly it is difficult to know if something has worked or not.

4 minutes ago, Zynch175 said:

I know, that I should start with changing out components, but the problem is, that I don't have any that I could try to swap them with :( 

I'll try reseating everything. But with a issue that seems to happen randomly it is difficult to know if something has worked or not.

Is there another system you could put your components in? Testing parts in a different system as oppose to replacing your own could work just as well if it's hardware failure. Software issues can be hard to identify though. Can you think of anything you might have installed or an automatic update that took place then these issues started?

Sadly I really have no other system to try my components in either.

The last things installed (as far as I remember) were battle.net, Overwatch, and Xsplit gamecaster, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with these.

I will be probably getting a new SSD soon, and reinstaling Windows at that time, but if I can do anything in the meantime, it would be great. But if It is hardware, it won't help either.

I have done another stress test using OCCT and I presume my CPU is throttling. Attached is the graph of the clock speed.

From the stock 4GHz it was dipping every 20s to 1.4GHz for about 10s, and after about 25 min it went to 2.8GHz.  What could be the reason for this, since the temperatures don't go over 58°C on CPU and 50°C on the cores, so it should't be the heat that's the problem.

I have never seen it do anything like this, so I am a bit confused. 

2016-05-12-14h26-Frequency-CPU #0.png

EDIT:

The PC just crashed again. This time the screen stayed black, and all I did was plotting some basic graphs for school in octave.

I just decided to run OCCT again (to be exact CPU:OCCT) , to see if the ending at 2,8GHz had anything to do with me oppening speedfan and core temp or not. But at about 18 minutes into the benchmark it stopped and reported that it found an error.

What does this mean? Is there a problem with the CPU?