Custom High-End build - Cuprum

GlassBomb

So, Greetings all of you handsome ladies in here. I am here because I over the past half year I have wanting to build myself a new PC, since my current one is starting to age a fair bit now.

What I have had in mind is to create a build that is (pardon my French) balls to the walls custom and fairly epic. Though, it wont be super ridiculous to the point where I can be proud of it and 'wow' a few people.

Anywho, lets start talking about the actual build instead of just blabbering on, shall we?

The time and budget that is being spent for this build will be roughly 30,000 SEK / 4,500 USD for the main hardware alone, NOT counting in the watercooling hardware that I have planned to use. That is where you guys come into the picture.

Here is a list of the current to-be specs.

Case: Silverstone TJ07 (Windowless)

CPU: Intel 3930k

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79

GPU: EVGA Titan HydroCopper

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2133 Mhz, 4x8GB)

PSU: Corsair AX850

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (256GB)

Fans: Bunch of Noctuas

Now you might say; 'Kick-ass stuff! But... the aesthetics is all wrong! Sabertooth with Dominator platinums? AND NOCTUA FANS?!?!"

So here is the build that I have planned on doing and finishing up during summer or there abouts. I am going to do a watercooled Black/Copper-Themed build. I will get myself some nice MDPC sleeving to match with everything. CPU waterblock will be a full-copper one and for me the icing on the topping might just be the RAM that I will see if I can have the top aluminium bars copper-plated.

Yes, I am insane. But dangit. I will make this happen! The only thing that really bothers me right now is the fan that comes on the chipset of the Sabertooth X79 along with the inside of the TJ07, but I'll have to deal with those things one way or another.

So, share your thoughts. What would you change? And I would love suggestions for some watercooling parts as well.

Cheers.

//GlassBomb

I probably wouldn't go with a Titan - SLI'd 670's or Crossfired 7870's. Yes, you might encounter some issues with SLI and CrossFire support but price to performance is much better with those cards. If you need to save a buck or two, drop to 1866 or 1600 Mhz RAM - you won't notice much if any change.

Can't wait to see what it turns out like :)

I probably wouldn't go with a Titan - SLI'd 670's or Crossfired 7870's. Yes, you might encounter some issues with SLI and CrossFire support but price to performance is much better with those cards. If you need to save a buck or two, drop to 1866 or 1600 Mhz RAM - you won't notice much if any change.

Can't wait to see what it turns out like :)

It will be a balls to the walls build for a reason :D

And the reason why I will be going with a single powerful card is because I do not want to have to deal with drivers for CrossFire/SLI. A single card have much more consistent performance compared to a dual GPU setup.

Looks awesome! If I remember properly, the AX850 is the one with the red on it isn't it? I might recommend covering the red up with something. Also why a windowless tj07? Are you planning to mod it?

I hear what you are saying in that you don't want any compatibility issues with SLI or Crossfire but personally I have never experienced any problems from that with my HD6990.

Also did you want help finding the right watercooling stuff?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Looks awesome! If I remember properly, the AX850 is the one with the red on it isn't it? I might recommend covering the red up with something. Also why a windowless tj07? Are you planning to mod it?

I hear what you are saying in that you don't want any compatibility issues with SLI or Crossfire but personally I have never experienced any problems from that with my HD6990.

The AX850 have bronze/gold-ish sticker on the side. It's the Corsair Link (AX850i) which has the red sticker.

Reasoning why I am picking the Windowless TJ07 pretty much comes down to that a windowed one isn't really available. And I actually almost prefer the cleaner look that a windowless case gives you. As for actually modding the case itself. If the innards of the case is clean metal, then I will most likely end up getting painted. But with that said, it may help me out if I do decide on doing a more custom paint job myself.

And as for watercooling stuff, I'd gladly take suggestions and recommendations for what to get :D

Generally what I had planned was to use a single quad radiator in the bottom of the case along with the pump. Thinking of a full-copper radiator to match the whole build. Also is the whole reason why I have named my build Cuprum - Latin for copper :)

Just with the red vs gold PSU stickers - you can always wrap the PSU in like a carbon wrap or just remove the decals?

Don't think the sticker is a big deal anyways, as the PSU is positioned on its side in the TJ07. Probably still going with the normal AX850.