Good AIO for under $775 CAD

Go to solution Solved by Clanscorpia,

Turns out they fixed their PC by upgrading to windows 10. Maybe eventually I can make them an ITX build.

So my uncles PC flumped on them. Because Costco usually has good prices they found this AIO. http://www.costco.ca/HP-Pavilion-23-r119c%2c-All-in-One-Bilingual-Desktop%2c-i3-4170T.product.100234338.html Is there anything better for the price? From what I can see it seems pretty good for the price. No custom building and preferebly AIOs. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

eww, I utterly hate AIOs as they are completely un-upgradable. You might as well just buy a mac at that point if you are considering an AIO. Before buying an AIO ask if you truly need one. If you are low on space a mini-ITX build may be better.

They are completely non techy and because they just bought a house they aren't risking building a PC. They're running on a core 2 quad so they're not looking to upgrade it fast.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Yes, but while they might not know how to upgrade the computer, you can (assuming you live close enough). Over 8 years ago I had build a pentium E7200 machine for my grandma and thanks to how upgradable it was, I was able to upgrade it to a core 2 quad q6600, 4GB of RAM and an SSD. All she needs to do is use her computer for internet and that thing has been around for at least 8 years thank to the upgrades I have made to it. If I had bought an AIO at the time it likely would've been thrown out be now as I would not have been able to upgrade any of the parts in it. This is why I always try to advocate for a custom build or (if you don't want to build a computer), an off-the-shelf HP or Levono (NOT DELL) machine just so the life of the machine can be extended through upgrades. 

They're not planning on upgrading though, ever. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, CUDA_Cores said:

So you don't live close enough to do the upgrades for them?

I can walk to them. Its just easier for them. I dont have a good rep in my family for fixing things..... "I" (Wasnt me) bricked my brothers laptop, and I broke our chromecast. Its would just be to hard on them if something broke during upgrading

Spoiler

AXIOM

I agree with every one here. AIO's are the desktop equivalent of a laptop in most cases. Which means the hardware will not age well. I feel they will have to buy a new machine sooner rather than later if they go the AIO route. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Turns out they fixed their PC by upgrading to windows 10. Maybe eventually I can make them an ITX build.

Spoiler

AXIOM