Silence! I kill you! :D

Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Look for a board that's known to be compatible with SpeedFan, then set up a profile that turns your fans (except your CPU fan) off below a certain temp. Easiest way to do it, although setting SpeedFan up is a pain.

Hi everyone,

I searched through the internet about two hours but I wasn´t able to find mini-itx 1151 motherboard which´d have zero rpm fan feature. What I mean is... when your temps under certain value, your fans won´t, as soon as they reach that temperature they start to spin. I am going to buy i7 6700, non-k, ddr4 desired, that´s it.

Can you plz help me?

thx

I'm not sure any boards advertise that feature, but with some software from ASUS for example(Fan Xpert), you can set up profiles for fans which includes making them sit at zero RPMs until certain temps are hit.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

a 0 RPM feature on your CPU will kill it. 

you need some cooling, even if its passive. 

18 minutes ago, fojtzbyna said:

when you are that concerned about noise just get a bequiet or noctua (with low speed adapter) cooler. if you choose a good one you really cant here them. your gpu and psu will be louder anyways. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

my gpu and psu both will have zero rpm mode. Cpu cooler should also be inaudible, what I am most concerned about are case fans in bitfenix phenom

7 minutes ago, fojtzbyna said:

my gpu and psu both will have zero rpm mode. Cpu cooler should also be inaudible, what I am most concerned about are case fans in bitfenix phenom

Remove all fans except GPU and PSU, get a dual tower heatsink and take the fans off. Done.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

43 minutes ago, Ronnie76 said:

a 0 RPM feature on your CPU will kill it. 

you need some cooling, even if its passive. 

Maybe, but i´d rather have some fans for... worst case scenario

2 hours ago, fojtzbyna said:

Maybe, but i´d rather have some fans for... worst case scenario

Mitx cases aren't well known for low temps, so getting low noise fans like noctuas is probabbly going to be better since the temps might stop any of the fans from going into the 0 fan mode.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Look for a board that's known to be compatible with SpeedFan, then set up a profile that turns your fans (except your CPU fan) off below a certain temp. Easiest way to do it, although setting SpeedFan up is a pain.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.