Problem with ThermalTake Poseidon Brown

Clanscorpia
Go to solution Solved by Clanscorpia,

After doing some research I learned the ping noise I was complaining about is part of a mechanical keyboard and that all mechanical keyboards have this pinging noise at some point in their lives. And in Canada Cherry Keyboards usually cost over $150 which is over budget on a keyboard for me. Thanks though!

So yesterday I just got my first mechanical keyboard and I love it so far but I have a slight problem with it. Sometimes if I hit the a or s key I get a metallic ringing noise. Its not a huge problem as the switches are louder than it most of the time but if it would be possible for me to fix it that would be great. If its not fixable I can always return it and get a different keyboard. Thanks! And another question, from what I've read about Cherry Browns they're supposed to have a small bump and the actuation point but I dont feel anything except a bit of resistance the whole time. Did they give me a blue because it is pretty loud.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

12 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I've read about Cherry Browns they're supposed to have a small bump and the actuation point but I dont feel anything except a bit of resistance the whole time. Did they give me a blue because it is pretty loud.

you can always pull a keycap to confirm which Cherry you're getting, they are color coded

7 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

you can always pull a keycap to confirm which Cherry you're getting, they are color coded

I dont have a puller anything else I can use?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

9 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Maybe just use your hands and slowly pull the key off something like the esc key where it's easy to grab onto two sides? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

well, check the box, it should be there

or try

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Maybe just use your hands and slowly pull the key off something like the esc key where it's easy to grab onto two sides? 

that^

So i removed the key, turns out they're Kalih browns. And after taking the key off using a flathead screwdriver it seems to be the spring inside the switch making the noise. It mostly happens when I clip the edge of the key to type and when I press straight down its not as bad. I also discovered its happening to most keys. Do I just need to wear the switch in or should I bring the keyboard to Best Buy to replace it and order one from cooler master?

Spoiler

AXIOM

12 minutes ago, Technous285 said:

This is a really not recommended (ghetto) way to remove keycaps, but I personally use a plain stainless steel butterknife to pop off keycaps by slipping the blade of the knife between the frame of the keyboard and the key (say, the WinKey) I want to remove (at least if the key is on the outside edge of the layout of the keyboard).

9 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

So i removed the key, turns out they're Kalih browns. And after taking the key off using a flathead screwdriver it seems to be the spring inside the switch making the noise. It mostly happens when I clip the edge of the key to type and when I press straight down its not as bad. I also discovered its happening to most keys. Do I just need to wear the switch in or should I bring the keyboard to Best Buy to replace it and order one from cooler master?

What do you guys think it is? Read my post above

Spoiler

AXIOM

41 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

What do you guys think it is? Read my post above

It's your call :P I'm not too sure what you should do but yah know...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I would personally return it and get something else instead. I'd go for a keyboard with Cherry MX switches instead of Kailhs tbh.

Kailh switches are known to be a little inconsistent due to a worse QC when compared to Cherry MX (Kailhs are Cherry MX clones made in China I believe).

After doing some research I learned the ping noise I was complaining about is part of a mechanical keyboard and that all mechanical keyboards have this pinging noise at some point in their lives. And in Canada Cherry Keyboards usually cost over $150 which is over budget on a keyboard for me. Thanks though!

Spoiler

AXIOM