GTX 1080/1070 MSRP and Founder's edition

Hello PC Enthusiast!

I just want to ask you guys one thing,

What is the differences between the MSRP and Founder's Edition

For the GTX 1080 and GTX 1070?

Btw what does 'MSRP' stand for?

*I don't know because I missed the Stream.

My Most Loyal PC EVER!!

9 years and still going.

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E4500          //         Mobo : ASrock ConRoe 1333-D667 

RAM : 4 GB  // GPU : None... // Hard Drive : 2x 500GB // Case : Trendsonic idk.

PSU : idk, idc.                               //          Monitor : BenQ E900W 

MSRP-Manufactured Suggested Retail Price 

I wonder the same too with the Founder's Edition..

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

MSRP - retail price for most/all GPUs from manufacturers like ASUS, MSI, etc.

Founders Edition - Nvidia's new cooler. That's all. 

idk

15 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

MSRP - retail price for most/all GPUs from manufacturers like ASUS, MSI, etc.

Founders Edition - Nvidia's new cooler. That's all. 

I thought both the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 FE had the new cooler design and that the FE came with higher quality components.

1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

I thought both the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 FE had the new cooler design and that the FE came with higher quality components.

I guess that GTX 1080 FE came with higher clocks than GTX 1080

FE edition cards are binned for better OCing. We can assume that the FE cooler will be on the normal referance cards

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I think Founders Edition comes with the new reference cooler, more OC potential, and perhaps better VRMs and stuff.

A.K.A. A custom cooled high end card with a reference cooler.

Basically what I'm saying is don't buy it. You're probably better off getting say a g1 gaming, lightning, matrix platinum, classified, or whatever card from evga, gigabyte, asus, or MSI that also features better components and binned chips but also comes with a better cooler that might cost less than the Founders Edition.

Don't buy it unless for whatever reason you LOVE the reference cooler and are willing to pay an extra 50 bucks to get that cooler.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

FE edition cards are binned for better OCing. We can assume that the FE cooler will be on the normal referance cards

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

I think Founders Edition comes with the new reference cooler, more OC potential, and perhaps better VRMs and stuff.

A.K.A. A custom cooled high end card with a reference cooler.

Basically what I'm saying is don't buy it. You're probably better off getting say a g1 gaming, lightning, matrix platinum, classified, or whatever card from evga, gigabyte, asus, or MSI that also features better components and binned chips but also comes with a better cooler that might cost less than the Founders Edition.

Don't buy it unless for whatever reason you LOVE the reference cooler and are willing to pay an extra 50 bucks to get that cooler.

1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

What did you think worth buying?

GTX 1080 which has 8GB of GDDR5X

OR

GTX 1070 with a lower price and 8GB of GDDR5??

My Most Loyal PC EVER!!

9 years and still going.

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E4500          //         Mobo : ASrock ConRoe 1333-D667 

RAM : 4 GB  // GPU : None... // Hard Drive : 2x 500GB // Case : Trendsonic idk.

PSU : idk, idc.                               //          Monitor : BenQ E900W 

10 minutes ago, n4MiA said:

OR

Well since i play on a 1080p screen and since the gtx 1070 is already said to be more powerful than the titan x for only 379$ ill most likely grab that.

52 minutes ago, n4MiA said:

OR

1070. No way I'd be paying an extra 220 dollars/72% on my GPU for at most 25% more performance.

Like the 970 and 980, I think the 1070 will be a super hot card while the 1080 will only be bought by enthusiasts who don't care for performance/dollar and just want the best possible gaming experience. But I, as with most people on this forum, are not enthusiasts but practical people that won't pay an extra 72% for 25% more performance. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

There has been some suggestion that the founders edition is what is coming out on the 27th May and that the normal cards are coming a little later. But they didn't really say a lot about it other than overclocking and more price so we really will have to wait for reviews (10 days) before we know truly what the difference is.

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

1070. No way I'd be paying an extra 220 dollars/72% on my GPU for at most 25% more performance.

Like the 970 and 980, I think the 1070 will be a super hot card while the 1080 will only be bought by enthusiasts who don't care for performance/dollar and just want the best possible gaming experience. But I, as with most people on this forum, are not enthusiasts but practical people that won't pay an extra 72% for 25% more performance. 

Although some games such as ARK will be very demanding to play in top graphics so the 1080 might be needed.

6 minutes ago, TheKiwiColonel said:

Although some games such as ARK will be very demanding to play in top graphics so the 1080 might be needed.

Maybe, but personally I can't justify the extra cost for that performance. I'd just lower the settings or deal with the lower frame rates personally.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Maybe, but personally I can't justify the extra cost for that performance. I'd just lower the settings or deal with the lower frame rates personally.

I know what you mean. It is a lot more money, depending on the benchmarks I may not bother with the extra £180 cost. Although personally I record games for youtube, (currently csgo wouldn't be too intensive) but I'd like the games to look really good and considering I have a 2k monitor I might as well make use of it!

1 minute ago, TheKiwiColonel said:

I know what you mean. It is a lot more money, depending on the benchmarks I may not bother with the extra £180 cost. Although personally I record games for youtube, (currently csgo wouldn't be too intensive) but I'd like the games to look really good and considering I have a 2k monitor I might as well make use of it!

Ah ok. I can't justify getting a 1080 for myself but I understand. Sometimes you just gotta go for the top :). I know, sometimes you just want no compromises on performance. I understand your feelings.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler