3770K -> 4770K Upgrade?

I have been running on the now outdated 3770K and am looking for an affordable upgrade. I hear different things about the socket support for the 3770/4770K's.

So, if I was to upgrade to the 4770K would I have to also change my motherboard, or would the socket support the 4770K?

That's not an upgrade also you would need another mobo. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not worth it,  AND you would need a new motherboard. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Not worth the 5-10% performance while having to also buy a new motherboard :/ and if you want something like m.2 SSDs then just get a PCI-e adapter :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Its not worth it. The upgrade is 5-10% and motherboards are getting kinda pricey for lga 1150. If you are looking for an upgrade I would wait for Kaby Lake because of some more features.

1 minute ago, beach_boy98 said:

Its not worth it. The upgrade is 5-10% and motherboards are getting kinda pricey for lga 1150. If you are looking for an upgrade I would wait for Kaby Lake because of some more features.

Yeah...LGA1150 motherboard being pricey...maybe we should try and find some new LGA1155 motherboards :D (h61 motherboards doesn't count)

Don't do it. 3770K can sometimes beat the 4770K. The very least it'll be a minute benefit. See here for comparison. You'd need a new mobo anyway so if you really have to upgrade from 3770K (it's old but usually more than enough for current gen gaming), go straight to 6700K or so. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah...LGA1150 motherboard being pricey...maybe we should try and find some new LGA1155 motherboards :D (h61 motherboards doesn't count)

Haswell just really isn't worth it now. It is missing quite a few features that sky/kaby lake have.

2 minutes ago, beach_boy98 said:

Haswell just really isn't worth it now. It is missing quite a few features that sky/kaby lake have.

Indeed but my god...LGA1155 motherboards are more overpriced than a MSI x99 GODLIKE Edition...

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Indeed but my god...LGA1155 motherboards are more overpriced than a MSI x99 GODLIKE Edition...

Yeah. I was going to buy one but they are STUPID expensive for what you get.