To Smart TV or to Not?

MG240

mfUvgfg.jpg

So I’m planning to get a small 40” TV, but I’m not quite sure as to whether to get a regular TV or a Smart one.

I’m not really a Netflix person nor a couch person watching TV all day. I primarily play PC games. I just want to have a cheaper and bigger alternative to an extra monitor (another gaming monitor is EXPENSIVE!! I can’t afford that). My plan is just to hook up the TV via HDMI to my rig and just duplicate/expand my view there, sometimes watch news, or watch Channel SuperFun/Techquickie. As I said not really in to Netflix. I guess a regular TV just fits the bill.

On the other hand a Smart TV isn’t really that far of a price a regular TV. Sometimes their difference is just 20bucks. And that’s all about the plus side I can think about a Smart TV. For the usage, I’m still going to use it according to my plan.

But then again I don’t want to spend on features I likely won’t really use.

Any tips regarding TV vs Smart TV?

if you're hooking your computer to it... why would you even consider a smart TV? o.O

just get a regular TV, OLED panel if you like to watch movie in the dark

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

buy whatever tv suits your needs. Not a smart tv? no problem, just get a chromecast.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Smart Tv one love :x  I have  Sony KDL55W800C . but i think it not really necessary, all of them are good.

Bought for Christmas gift for family and now cannot seem to leave house. Lost friends and job. Still cannot leave tv. Picture is too clear and colors too perfect. Wear diapers now so I dont miss anything. Hand in permanent remote gripping shape. Couch molded around my body. Fort in front of tv built out of take out delivery boxes. Okay, just kidding! But this tv is amazing! Order yours and see for yourself!

If you 're hesitating or need more tech details, look more at
http://www.bestadvisor.com/electronics-computers/3d-tv-smart-tvs
http://3d-tv-review.toptenreviews.com/
http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-tv_round-up