Gaming laptop with GOOD batterly life?

5 hours ago, D2ultima said:

A Clevo N155RF would do the job. 6700HQ CPU and 965M. Has Optimus, gets about 5-6 hours of battery life. It isn't the most powerful gaming laptop on the market, but my sisters have one each and they last pretty long on battery.

Check mysn.co.uk or mysn.de for it. Or if you wanna say where you live exactly I could probably find a closer place.

Finland, so germany would maybe be the best, and thanks, that seems like a good laptop with good specs price, ports battery etc. How´s the build quality? and how much will it last while light bromwsing and some youtube watching at low to medium brightness? And is that basically the same as the Sager np7258? Again thanks for suggesting that seems like a super deal! :D

20 minutes ago, star-lord said:

Finland, so germany would maybe be the best, and thanks, that seems like a good laptop with good specs price, ports battery etc. How´s the build quality? and how much will it last while light bromwsing and some youtube watching at low to medium brightness? And is that basically the same as the Sager np7258? Again thanks for suggesting that seems like a super deal! :D

My sisters have crossed 4 hours without needing to charge just chilling with youtube around 20% brightness (which is more than good enough for seeing things in my opinion). Build quality is good, it's a Clevo. The Sager NP 7258 is a N155RF that's rebranded. Not the other way around. Clevo is the ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) that sells their barebones machines to businesses and big companies that would buy them like Sager or Eurocom or XMG/mySN or Metabox (in australia).

The only downside I can see is that if you push the CPU and the GPU very heavily, you'll eventually start draining the battery, but this is like, heavy overclocks on GPU in maxed-CPU, maxed-GPU games, or P95 + Furmark at stock. You could however probably try getting the 200W PSU that's used for the P65xRG and P67xRG and using that with the machine. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

Check the edit I put, by the way.

4 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

yes, that wont be a problem since I won´t be taxing it too hard, only school work and some gaming.

1 minute ago, star-lord said:
6 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

yes, that wont be a problem since I won´t be taxing it too hard, only school work and some gaming.

Ok, enjoy!

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Gaming laptop with good battery life.

Doesn't work that way.  Pick one.

If a gaming laptop has good battery life, then that means the internal components are probably not very powerful because they aren't consuming much power, which means the laptop probably isn't a gaming laptop.

The battery is meant to just get you from outlet to outlet in a true gaming laptop.

Clevo p377sm-a | 3.9ghz i7 4800mq | SLI GTX 970m 6gb, 1236mhz core, 1404mhz mem | 24gb DDR3 | No BGA crap found here

4 hours ago, aarpcard said:

If a gaming laptop has good battery life, then that means the internal components are probably not very powerful because they aren't consuming much power, which means the laptop probably isn't a gaming laptop.

The battery is meant to just get you from outlet to outlet in a true gaming laptop.

Annnnd wrong sir. What's a "true" gaming laptop then? $3000? LOL sorry, that's not how the gaming deal works. You can get perfectly reasonable battery life (4+ hours) out of any Sager machine with a single 970M and a Skylake CPU for pretty decent prices.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

i purchased a gigabyte p35wv4

a 75wH battery, i7, 16gb of ram, an ssd as well as a 1tb drive, and a 970m for less than $1500

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-P35Wv4-BW2-Broadwell-i7-5700HQ-Computer/dp/B00Z9VFVIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462853069&sr=8-2&keywords=gigabyte+p35w

i get about 5-6 hours of really light use (web browsing and office apps)

on battery i hit a max of about 2 to 3 hours when I play LoL or the Division.

thought the only complaint that most people have is that it does get toasty. however this can be alleviated with a repaste and an undervolt. I usually get a high of 86 max when I play division or when stress testing.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero CPU: Intel i7 4770k (running at 4.4ghz @1.3v, though not stable/validated) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (w/ CM Blademaster 3 fan setup) RAMCorsair Vengeance Pro 2x8gb (XMP 2133 CL11 @1.5v) GPU: Asus GTX 770 DirectCUii (OC 1250/8000, pass UnigineHeaven and Furmark) HDD: Samsung 840 120gb (OS and important programs), Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games and downloads), 2x WD Caviar Green 1TB (1 for movies/videos and 1 for music/pictures) PSU: Corsair AX760 Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper

17 hours ago, aarpcard said:

I´m not asking for gaming laptop with 7hours of gaming, I´m asking for a laptop, that can game (not the most high end 4k haming, just light gaming) and will get long batterylife while browsing, watching movies etc.(not gaming) Most laptops have some optimisation software that manages the power usage (clock speeds, intel graphics or Nvidia graphics etc.) according the types of tasks you´re doing. For example the acer predator 15, that is a good gaming laptop, can manage something like 7h of light using, and they´re under 2k$.

9 hours ago, whoohaaah1 said:

i purchased a gigabyte p35wv4

a 75wH battery, i7, 16gb of ram, an ssd as well as a 1tb drive, and a 970m for less than $1500

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-P35Wv4-BW2-Broadwell-i7-5700HQ-Computer/dp/B00Z9VFVIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462853069&sr=8-2&keywords=gigabyte+p35w

i get about 5-6 hours of really light use (web browsing and office apps)

on battery i hit a max of about 2 to 3 hours when I play LoL or the Division.

thought the only complaint that most people have is that it does get toasty. however this can be alleviated with a repaste and an undervolt. I usually get a high of 86 max when I play division or when stress testing.

Nice, that looks like a slim laptop, have you tested any laptop coolers (and if so do they work on your model (how much they reduce temps)) because that does seem to have vents on the bottom. 

1 hour ago, star-lord said:

Nice, that looks like a slim laptop, have you tested any laptop coolers (and if so do they work on your model (how much they reduce temps)) because that does seem to have vents on the bottom. 

Haven't used a laptop cooler.

I have a DJ laptop stand, so I just prop it up.

You might get slightly better temps with a laptop cooler.

And yes for a 15" it is a slim gaming laptop, also it doesn't scream gaming laptop. It is all black. You can be in the middle of lecture and be playing CS without getting noticed lol.

bredONE

• Cooler Master hafXB evo
  • 4770K at 4.3GHz/1.235v, Corsair H100i v2 and NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller w/ 4 case fans
  • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
  • Corsair AX760
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
  • MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X (+100 core clock and +250 memory)
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS), 1TB (Data) and 500GB (Programs) mechanical hard drives, ASUS Blu-ray writer
  • BenQ GW2760HS (via HDMI), ASUS PB277Q (via Displayport)
  • Razer Leviathan, Corsair Vengeance K70, Logitech MX Master

5 minutes ago, whoohaaah said:

Haven't used a laptop cooler.

I have a DJ laptop stand, so I just prop it up.

You might get slightly better temps with a laptop cooler.

And yes for a 15" it is a slim gaming laptop, also it doesn't scream gaming laptop. It is all black. You can be in the middle of lecture and be playing CS without getting noticed lol.

lol, that´s one of my biggest gripes with gaming laptops, most look horendous, If I were to design a gaming laptop it would be mattblack plastic or aluminium that would basically look like the lenovo thinkpads. and I actually already have and DIY laptop stand (that I still need to paint and mod a bit) that looks a bit like a wooden dj stand.

18 minutes ago, star-lord said:

lol, that´s one of my biggest gripes with gaming laptops, most look horendous, If I were to design a gaming laptop it would be mattblack plastic or aluminium that would basically look like the lenovo thinkpads. and I actually already have and DIY laptop stand (that I still need to paint and mod a bit) that looks a bit like a wooden dj stand.

exactly, i work for a corporation and it is embarrassing bringing lets say an MSI GS60 with that glowing red dragon into a meeting.

I did some research and the laptop that i ended up with is this gigabyte p35w. 

they also have a p35x (which has a 980m), but for the games you listed the 970m should work and shouldn't be as taxing battery-wise.

there is also a 14" (p34w) and 17" (p37w) if you do not like the 15"

anyways good luck in choosing your laptop.

bredONE

• Cooler Master hafXB evo
  • 4770K at 4.3GHz/1.235v, Corsair H100i v2 and NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller w/ 4 case fans
  • ASUS Maximus VI Hero
  • Corsair AX760
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
  • MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X (+100 core clock and +250 memory)
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (OS), 1TB (Data) and 500GB (Programs) mechanical hard drives, ASUS Blu-ray writer
  • BenQ GW2760HS (via HDMI), ASUS PB277Q (via Displayport)
  • Razer Leviathan, Corsair Vengeance K70, Logitech MX Master

The majority of Skylake newer laptops should do 6-7. Anything but a massive dedicated gpu laptop that will suck up all he power basically instantly.

16 hours ago, Imglidinhere said:

Annnnd wrong sir. What's a "true" gaming laptop then? $3000? LOL sorry, that's not how the gaming deal works. You can get perfectly reasonable battery life (4+ hours) out of any Sager machine with a single 970M and a Skylake CPU for pretty decent prices.

You're definitely not gonna be getting 4+ hours of battery life while gaming, probably about 1 hour at best.  And the 970m clocks down to 540mhz while on battery.  That doesn't sound like a great gaming experience.

If I disable SLI in my Clevo p377sm-a and go through a gaming session on battery, I get about 55 minutes with a battery at 92% wear - and performance is horrible due to the downclock.  My friend with a Clevo p870dm has about the same battery life when running a single 980m and a desktop 6700k.

Clevo p377sm-a | 3.9ghz i7 4800mq | SLI GTX 970m 6gb, 1236mhz core, 1404mhz mem | 24gb DDR3 | No BGA crap found here

21 minutes ago, aarpcard said:

You're definitely not gonna be getting 4+ hours of battery life while gaming, probably about 1 hour at best.  And the 970m clocks down to 540mhz while on battery.  That doesn't sound like a great gaming experience.

If I disable SLI in my Clevo p377sm-a and go through a gaming session on battery, I get about 55 minutes with a battery at 92% wear - and performance is horrible due to the downclock.  My friend with a Clevo p870dm has about the same battery life when running a single 980m and a desktop 6700k.

No one said anything about gaming on the battery. They said a gaming laptop with good battery life. Obviously, if there's an issue thinking that you can game on the battery, then yes you're absolutely right and you'll get about an hour of game time and it likely won't be super enjoyable at that. However, if you've got any kind of power saving graphics switching software around, you know... like Nvidia Optimus or something like that, then you can get VERY reasonable battery life from a gaming machine these days, especially with Skylake.

Your laptop is a DTR, it's effectively a very powerful AIO SFF desktop machine. You can't use your machine as an example of what's a "good" gaming laptop. A laptop is something you can actively carry around comfortably, like mine.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

12 hours ago, aarpcard said:

Ahem. As a person with basically your laptop, I'd like to point out that you have dGPU-only.

They are looking at machines with Optimus.

MUX switches like in the P6xxRx and the upcoming N1xxRF1 machines are going to allow dGPU only if you want it, and iGPU-only or Optimus when you don't. It still has no real place in a top end machine like mine, or yours, or the P870DM, as it limits what the internal screen can be to the iGPU, however since no 120Hz machines exist anymore... yeah.

Don't compare yours or mine or the P870DM to the more midranged machines. Two different beasts.