C#

teddy710

Can you all send me links on here for good tutorials or free courses and such that taught you how to code? And also can you tell me how you learned if it wasn't from any of the above? Thanks

microsoft virtual academy

https://mva.microsoft.com/#imagine

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

This C#, right?

c-sharp-major-scale-treble-clef.png

(I like the way A and B minor sound.)

Seriously though, maybe something like Codeacademy or Lynda.com might have something on C#.

I just came here because I saw C# and me being someone that played a violin in my schools' orchestras' since 6th grade. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

This C#, right?

c-sharp-major-scale-treble-clef.png

(I like the way A and B minor sound.)

Seriously though, maybe something like Codeacademy or Lynda.com might have something on C#.

I just came here because I saw C# and me being someone that played a violin in my schools' orchestras' since 6th grade. 

Why do Java developers wear glasses?

Because they don't C#.

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

53 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Isn't Lynda not free?

Can't you rustle up some kind of free trial from somewhere?

If not excuse me I'm absolutely exhausted.

In any event all of this is all well and good but arguably the single most valuable area that you should be focusing on right now is the theory. You should put your maximum effort into learning good engineering and design principles. They are language agnostic and will help you infer knowledge about specific languages and programming paradigms moving forwards.

Any chimp may bang away at a keyboard and name the product 'code'... It takes a Software Engineer/Developer (someone who has an understanding of the underlying theory) to produce eloquent, well designed and extensible software.

I can elaborate if you are interested.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

8 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

Can't you rustle up some kind of free trial from somewhere?

If not excuse me I'm absolutely exhausted.

In any event all of this is all well and good but arguably the single most valuable area that you should be focusing on right now is the theory. You should put your maximum effort into learning good engineering and design principles. They are language agnostic and will help you infer knowledge about specific languages and programming paradigms moving forwards.

Any chimp may bang away at a keyboard and name the product 'code'... It takes a Software Engineer/Developer (someone who has an understanding of the underlying theory) to produce eloquent, well designed and extensible software.

I can elaborate if you are interested.

No I get what you mean and I never really thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight but does that basically just come with learning a language and understanding it or what?

7 hours ago, teddy710 said:

No I get what you mean and I never really thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight but does that basically just come with learning a language and understanding it or what?

Some of it will but more so with time and experience; exposure to real world problems and being mentored through them, being involved in architectural planning and design and also generally learning by osmosis. However understanding the underlying theory gives you a lot of the fore knowledge of how to expect something to work when you pick it up for the first time - be that an whole new language or a new technology or framework.

In my opinion some of the most important concepts to grapple with and learn first would be:

Principals

Patterns

Methodologies

You should also consider learning about the other programming paradigms. When considering other paradigms there are of course paradigm specific permutations on the some of above :) 

Getting to grips with the principals and patterns will generally build you a gut instinct for what is right and what is wrong as you embark upon your journey to becoming a great engineer/developer.

These are of course just starting points, it's a rich world out there full of information and opinions and ways of doing things that are never the same. I'd encourage digging deep with all of these. Pluralsight is a really good resource and I have often found it to be pragmatic with it's information.

If you have questions then I'm always happy to help.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.