Bye Bye Blackberry

SinfulHabits

I feel it to be very sad to see this happening to company because of all the employees it has to let go. However, I feel it probably only thing Blackberry could do to stay afloat or even from completely losing everything. I am not surprised by this. Blackberry is not in the main stream of things these days. I bet only a hand full of ppl even know what backberry is compaired to companies like apple, samsung, htc, or even lg

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/23/4762666/blackberry-receives-buyout-offer

wrong section of the forum.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Welcome to the Forum SinfulHabits! :D

I don't think BB took that offer. Anyway what they said....

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Never owned a BB product, so to be honest, I don't give a damn about them. Welcome to the very best forum out there, mate!!! Btw

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

It is true, Fairfax Financial has agreed to purchase BBRY.  They knew this was coming so that's why they released their earning report early and mentioned the layoffs, wrote off all their inventory etc. the share price dropped from just over $12/share to under $9 so much cheaper for Fairfax to buy them up.

ARTICLE: http://crackberry.com/fairfax-financial-consortium-agrees-purchase-blackberry-47-billion

Will BB disappear? Nope, at least not for the time being but they definitely won't be making toys (Apple) or trying to compete with Android.  Going private will also prevent the media from harping on them for every little thing just cause BB phones aren't cool anymore.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

D: but I have a blackberry, I actually love BBM for talking to people

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

D: but I have a blackberry, I actually love BBM for talking to people

So do I.  The phones won't stop working even if BB is broken apart(which it isn't at least for another few years) and BBM is definitely not going anywhere either so no need to worry!

So do I.  The phones won't stop working even if BB is broken apart(which it isn't at least for another few years) and BBM is definitely not going anywhere either so no need to worry!

There's something about the nice qwerty keyboard that's just so pleasing idk :P I can type on the keyboard almost equally to the speed I can type on an actual keyboard (91 wpm) and tbh I don't want a touchphone :P I thought I did, I had one for a little while but tbh - I really love buttons and the fact that I can easily switch from typing on a laptop to typing on my phone is really nice, with iPhones, Galaxy's and other touchscreen phone's you can't really type very quickly because of the nature of it.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Just to add - if they released the Q10 blackberry with Android on it I would pick one of those up so quickly.

Just to add - if they released the Q10 blackberry with Android on it I would pick one of those up so quickly.

I have the Q10 now and I love it. As you said, the qwerty keyboard is simply fantastic to use.  I'm not much of an app guy, I use the bare minimum, all of which are on BB10.  The swiping on bb10 is what I love compared to the 3 button approach of Android.