PSU reqirements

lucien303
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

If the PSU is from 1995 then it uses entirely different connections than that of a normal one by today's standards. So, if replacing it was your concern, woops.

Otherwise, 450W is plenty for you.

Hello

I am currently through a zero dollar LAN build of which the main goal is build a somewhat decent pc for absolutely nothing. So far I have all the pieces but I need help as I do not think my power supply is satisfactory for my build (spec list below). The actual graphics card takes an 8 pin and 6 pin connector I only have one 4 pin connector on the PSU but, I do have 4 molex cables so I can get a molex splitter so that I have 5 molex cables. I will use 1 for my HDD and the other 4 for a molex to 6 pin and molex to 8 pin connector for the graphics card so I can power the card it just the question is the card able to run properly. Toms hardware says the card under load (which will never really happen) runs at 290w. My last option is to use another 350w power supply I have salvaged to power the graphics card separately but I would like to avoid that if possible this whole build is eventually going into a briefcase as a bit of fun. Help will be appreciated         Cheers Lucien

MB- Unknown 2006 Lenovo business computer board 

RAM- DDR2 4gb 

CPU- Unknown details core 2 duo

GPU- Radeon HD6970

PSU- 1995 450w

CASE- briefcase 

(I also do not want to hear how bad this build is power and performance wise I paid nothing for it I do not care about that as long as it runs like cs at at least 60 on low)

If the PSU is from 1995 then it uses entirely different connections than that of a normal one by today's standards. So, if replacing it was your concern, woops.

Otherwise, 450W is plenty for you.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

16 minutes ago, lucien303 said:

@STRMfrmXMN Cheers They fit modern day standards its ok but thanks thats all i needed

Doubt it is 1995..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.