Recommend me a case fan and where to get it from

ingoi
Go to solution Solved by ingoi,
3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

This one is quieter than Noctua, thats why I gave it instead of noctua

Ah I see, might go with your suggestion of the 

Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm Case Fan

Since if I buy two its somewhat cheaper

As the title says I would like you to recommend me a case fan preferably from a company located in Canada so shipping isn't expensive. I checked out Cooler Master but the shipping is a little bit much so I would like to see other places to buy a good case fan from.

EDIT: Fan can be either 120mm or 140mm

If you want quality and can spare no expense, go Noctua. I love my Noctuas and I wish I could replace all my case fans with Noctuas.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

What mm fan? 120, 140, wat?

Either size is fine

33 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

If you want quality and can spare no expense, go Noctua. I love my Noctuas and I wish I could replace all my case fans with Noctuas.

32 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Hmm, after comparing the prices from both of these from Canadian stores I might end up getting the Noctua's. Ironically its the Linus Tech Tips edition one as the price is just a bit more than the one Aytex recommended.

Any thoughts about my choices?

EDIT: Question the Nouctuas one says it runs on 

1500 RPM

but can you lower it/will it always be running at 1500 rpm all the time...?

15 minutes ago, ingoi said:

Hmm, after comparing the prices from both of these from Canadian stores I might end up getting the Noctua's. Ironically its the Linus Tech Tips edition one as the price is just a bit more than the one Aytex recommended.

Any thoughts about my choices?

35 minutes ago, ingoi said:

EDIT: Question the Nouctuas one says it runs on 

1500 RPM

but can you lower it/will it always be running at 1500 rpm all the time...?

They come with low noise adapters that lower the rpm and you can control their speeds if you plug them into a fan controller or your motherboard. 

Where are you putting the fans? What are your specs? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Ah I see, might go with your suggestion of the 

Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 140mm Case Fan

Since if I buy two its somewhat cheaper

30 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They come with low noise adapters that lower the rpm and you can control their speeds if you plug them into a fan controller or your motherboard. 

Where are you putting the fans? What are your specs? Budget?

I plan on buying two fans and putting them both on the front end of my desktop since thats the only place that can hold it one will pushing air out other will be pushing air in or is it more beneficial for both fans to be pushing out in this case?

My computer specs are  - non-overclocked

====================
CPU    Intel Core i5 I5-4460 Haswell 3.2GHZ Processor LGA1150 6MB   
GPU     Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 1329MHZ 4GB 7.0GHZ GDDR5 2xHDMI DVI DisplayPort PCI-E Video 

MotherBoard    MB ASROCK Z97 ANNIVERSARY R        
PSU    EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS 80 + Gold RATED Fully Modular ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 

HDD    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA3 64MB Cache 3.5in Internal Hard Drive 

RAM    Corsair Vengeance Black CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 1.5V Dual C 

OS    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64Bit English DVD OEM 

CASE    Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Red LED ATX Gaming Case 

Monitor - LG 27MP47HQ-P 27in Widescreen IPS LED Monitor 1920x1080 5ms 5000000:1 D-SUB/HDMI Black 

DVD/Driver  - ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black 

==================================

Budget for case fans is up to about 50 dollars max per fan as I don't really need/want a super overpriced case fan

those phanteks fans are 3 pin, Noctuas fans are 4 pin so if pwm matters to you get the Noctuas. best to have both pulling air into the case, exhaust in the rear/top

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

10 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

those phanteks fans are 3 pin, Noctuas fans are 4 pin so if pwm matters to you get the Noctuas. best to have both pulling air into the case, exhaust in the rear/top

Do you have any suggestions for 120mm fans then since top/rear only can fit that size.

noctuas or phanteks both make great fans and have 120mm versions

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

My favorite 140mm fan is the Phanteks PH-F140XP, by far better sounding than the SP and others to my ear