Surface Phone coming April 2017 according to latest rumors. - Focussed on security and productivity?

AlTech

Surface Phone has had a lot of rumors. This is the very latest rumors.

Surface Phone will allegedly be released in April 2017 to coincide with Redstone 2 release.

Microsoft is planning for Windows Phones to be the most secure phones in the world.  They also want to have the most productive phones in the world.

AND they are going to deliver a Win32 Continuum experience. It is currently unknown how they will do this but they will do it.

Redstone 2 will be the savior for Windows phones. It will mostly likely be focused on phones and not PCs as previously thought.

This is kind of weird but I guess it's Microsoft. Anything goes for Mobile. Since otherwise the 950 and 950 XL wouldn't have been released otherwise.

All of this news lines up with Terry Myerson's often-cited quote from the Verge that Windows Phone is not a focus for the company this year. In that quote, Myerson notes "there will be a time for it to be our focus" and that looks to be in 2017 with these Redstone OS updates.

In other words, Microsoft is prioritizing Windows 10 and the mobile version will get its due. They are not, however, abandoning the platform as has been interpreted by some in the press.

Microsoft is also planning on positioning the Surface phone (assuming that is its final name) with two goals in mind:

1. Most secure phone in the world
  2. The best phone for productivity

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has repeatedly referred to productivity as a Microsoft's key strength in personal computing and a differentiator from the competition. From that perspective, it makes sense that Windows 10 for the phone will continue to build off that base as it goes forward with its mobile plans.

Microsoft evidently sees this as the future as I hear they are investing in and betting on making Win32 apps and Continuum a feature for the Surface phone. This information about this strategy is very recent, and Microsoft refers to it as an attempt to make the phone a "real alternative to a computer".

Exactly how that happens is not yet clear, but it looks to be a central feature of whatever is coming with Windows 10 Redstone 2 and Microsoft's next-gen mobile hardware. I have reported on Microsoft's collaboration with Intel on mobile equipment tied to the project, but much of that information is vague at this time.

http://www.windowscentral.com/surface-phone-slated-april-2017?utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=wp

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

ah, a surface phone probably another one of those wallet killers

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

the windows phone isn't too great at the moment, let's hope it doesn't do an ugly shot pigeon dive into the ground,

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

29 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Microsoft is planning for Windows Phones to be the most secure phones in the world.

What are they planning to do? Not install Windows 10 on it?

I need to stop lurking.

Just now, SoftPoison said:

They're gonna make it more secure.

26 minutes ago, gFrenken97 said:

Interesting, hope it doesn't crash and burn like it probably will.

[sarcasm]Well you're damn positive.[/sarcasm]

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

27 minutes ago, another random person said:

ah, a surface phone probably another one of those wallet killers

It's in the name. Anything with Surface means premium and expensive for what it is.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

It's in the name. Anything with Surface means premium and expensive for what it is.

yeah basically that especially with apple629ac13811a182b8d895b353ece68065.jpg

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Nice!  The Blackberry security and productivity plan.  That should work out well.  :/

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

They're gonna make it more secure.

They say that their goal is to make it "the most secure phone in the world." That would mean competing with the Blackphone 2, therefore removing from this version of Windows all backdoors (NSA junk that more than likely exists), telemetry junk, Cortana, etc. I heavily doubt that they would actually do this.

I need to stop lurking.

more rumours from the rumour mill constantly beating a dead horse

146480-javert-beating-dead-horse-gif-ecI

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

18 minutes ago, SoftPoison said:

That's what I was thinking too. With the recent reveal that BB had a backdoor in their OS i really don't see any rational person taking a closed source piece of software as secure. In fact,looking at Microsoft's track record we should expect Windows Phone to be full of security holes and backdoors.

But who knows, maybe they will open source the entire thing... (yeah right). 

They should start making "Microsoft Spartan Phones" :p. Wish theyd just "Windows Skin" stock Android :O. I know its not possible tough...

Groomlake Authority

18 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

They should start making "Microsoft Spartan Phones" :p. Wish theyd just "Windows Skin" stock Android :O. I know its not possible tough...

considering the amount of apps Microsoft has released for Android, i believe that it would be entirely possible to get a MS flavoured Android, Wouldn't even be that hard to make a launcher look and feel like modern UI.

At this point CyanogenOS is the closest thing to it: http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/22/11092050/cyanogen-microsoft-android-apps-integration

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

And x86 is highly unlikely since no new SoCs will be made. I doubt they're gonna get a custom chip made unless they're willing to pay way too much to get it made. 

So rumors gonna rumor. 

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Didn't you already posted this news?

This is more definitve and more specifc. Also new info came to light. And you'll be happy to hear Redstone 3 will be coming after all. In 2017 or 2018.

24 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is more definitve and more specifc. Also new info came to light. And you'll be happy to here Redtsone 3 will be coming after all. In 2017 or 2018.

Ahh very good

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Ahh very good

Redstone 2 & 3 should be mobile focused and not PC focused.

And Redstone 2 is coming out with the Surface Phone and Surface Pro 5 and Surface Book 2.

Most secure phone in the world? So nobody will be able to get your personal data, except Microsoft right? Cheeky bastards >:)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)