AMD's Wraith Cooler Is A Game Changer For Stock Cooling

4960X

wraith.jpg

The Wraith first launched with AMD’s FX 8370 CPU but AMD is now expanding the list of processors that will come bundled with the Wraith cooler including the FX-8350 and FX-6350 CPUs. The Wraith Cooler has the same 125W cooling rating as its predecessor but it has more surface area and an improved fan that cools better while being much quieter. The FX-8350 and FX-6350 bundled with the Wraith cooler will retail for $180 and $130, respectively. In this review, we will pit the the Wraith against the Noctua NH-L12 and NH-L9i which are two great low-profile coolers.

Source

Honestly, it looks pretty good but they should sell this thing separately. I'd buy it if they sold just the cooler for like $20.

Can't wait to see how it performs. I might try to get one and bench it against the hyper 212 on my sisters 8320.

I doubt it could compete with an L12 or L9i or L9x65, but still.

Nah its sooooo loud still!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

AMD probably makes this thing for less than $5 but still, this is a good stock cooler. Better than any intel stock cooler for sure.

This guy has done a pretty good job in showing the difference......

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

Can't wait to see how it performs. I might try to get one and bench it against the hyper 212 on my sisters 8320.

I doubt L9i could compete with the new AMD cooler.

Just now, Deli said:

I doubt L9i could compete with the new AMD cooler.

Yeah actually you're probably right. I forgot how tiny the L9i is. It would be quieter, but not much else.

the l9i is designed for ITX builds so it can't really compete with the new amd cooler.

Just now, 4960X said:

the l9i is designed for ITX builds so it can't really compete with the new amd cooler.

From testing the wraith wouldn't even fit on itx without giving up one mem slot lol

Spoiler

160310voices_1024x768c.jpg

20 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

it is equal to a single fan Hyper 212 Evo

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

it is equal to a single fan Hyper 212 Evo

That's pretty good if it's true. The Hyper 212 evo is a nice low-mid range aftermarket cooler.

All a stock cooler should do is keep temps reasonable without overclocking. I prefer to have a stock cooler with the lowest cost and just enough to keep things cool in reason temps. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Really nice. Good to see they raised the bar as far as stock cooler. Quite a difference with Wraith. Good job.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

SPCR did a review of it (one of the sadly few they do these days...)

People don't realize how freaking huge it is. Not that great considering.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/AMD_Wraith

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS