sshd not booting on dh61be

nekofreak44

so I recently got a seagate st500lm000 cloning my old hard drive over to this one and it just won't boot the motherboard will recognize it as storage but bios won't boot from it, what do I do any help is appreciated greatly

dont clone, do a clean install, then move your files over after having installed windows and your programs

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

my problem doing that is I don't have the orignal disc for windows 7 64bit and went ahead and upgraded to winows 10 about a month ago I could do a 32bit but that would be no fun at all

3 minutes ago, nekofreak44 said:

my problem doing that is I don't have the orignal disc for windows 7 64bit and went ahead and upgraded to winows 10 about a month ago I could do a 32bit but that would be no fun at all

Welp there are definitely other ways of getting a windows download...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

21 hours ago, nekofreak44 said:

~snip~

Hey there nekofreak44,

Having cloned the drive you may have gotten some problems with the drivers or you may be encountering issues with the boot or system partitions. I'd also recommend a fresh install. you should be able to make a bootable Flash Drive with tools from MS's website and reuse your Key in order to activate your OS. 

If you don't know it you can get it if you can boot from your old drive. Assuming you can boot your computer without any problems, you can easily create a simple VBscript that will read the value out of the registry and then translate it into the format that you need for reinstalling. Copy and paste the following into a Notepad window:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))

Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

You’ll need to use File -> Save As, change the “Save as type” to “All Files” and then name it productkey.vbs or something similar ending with the vbs extension. Once you’ve saved it, you can just double-click and the popup window will show you your product key. Protip: If you use CTRL + C when the popup window is active, it will copy the contents of the window to the clipboard, and then you can paste it into Notepad or somewhere else.

Post back if you have other questions! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/