Question about RAM

Won't be any difference. Since you're not upgrading, either will do. I'd take the 2x16 since it's a dual channel board. Get what's cheaper. Not sure about stress increase and that. I'd guess the 4x8 would use more power.

Nothing.

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

To be honest, it really doesn't matter. The difference in  performance and load on the memory controller is negligible. Both will run in dual channel (provided you space the 2x16GB kit correctly and assuming it is a 4 DIMM board). 

Personally, I would go with 4x8GB because a full board looks better.

This is my reasoning ;)

2x16 GB kit - Better to have the upgrade capability and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

That's speaking from experience with a 4x4GB DDR3 kit and a 2600K back in the day, then quickly needing to replace the whole kit with a 4x8GB DDR3 kit when I found 16GB just wouldn't cut it for my day-to-day (ab)use or my video editing projects. If I had a 2x8GB kit from the start then it'd have been easy enough to drop a second kit in instead of replacing the whole lot and leaving the other sticks laying around unused (thus having been a waste of money until found a system to use them in).

I'm looking to getting 32GB of RAM and now I'm deciding whether to go 2x16GB or 4x8GB? Advice, recommendations? People say it puts stress or something if I go 4 RAM modules on a dual channel board. I don't plan on upgrading, 32GB and I'm set 100%.

yes and no.  dual channel improves bandwidth but you don't always notice.  I personally will always do matched pairs and it's best to do 2 sticks instead of 4, but going 4 isn't as big of a thing if you go with a matched set of 4.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

i would personally go for 2 because its good to have room for improvement even if u don't plan to improve

22 minutes ago, Tweed said:

there is no reason to create the same subject with six threads.. that'd be considered SPAM. all threads have been merged to this original thread.

you have had many suggestions and solutions presented so the need to create another thread on RAM is futile.

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

there is no reason to create the same subject with six threads.. that'd be considered SPAM. all threads have been merged to this original thread.

you have had many suggestions and solutions presented so the need to create another thread on RAM is futile.

Sorry I'm just having a headache of a decision and me making new posts is a hope to find an answer or attract an expert with an answer I find to my troubles. I did not mean to spam.