30 LED/m or 60LED/m?

westport17

Hi, I want to give a glow behind my desk. I've browsed some RGB LED strips over the internet and I found 30 LED per meter and the 60 one.
I want to know what's the difference between them? Is the 60 one give smoother glow to my wall?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks

60 will be more even yes

also twice as bright

you may want a brightness control for it if it gets too annoying

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

25 minutes ago, westport17 said:

Hi, I want to give a glow behind my desk. I've browsed some RGB LED strips over the internet and I found 30 LED per meter and the 60 one.
I want to know what's the difference between them? Is the 60 one give smoother glow to my wall?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the Forums!

I would recommend the higher density one as it provide more light per foot and is more even as mentioned since there are more LED dioides closer together. Just be sure to setup the LED strip so you don't have a direct line of sight to it as it's very bright but to have it reflect or cast light out to give it that glow. 

if getting into independently controlled RGB LEDs typically a WS2801 controller will only come in 30 per 1m, where WS2812 ones can come in up to 144 per 1m.

But that mightg be information well above what you were looking for...