Building my first pc and need help with a few things

Okay, so i am building my first pc, and there are a few things i am unsure of

So first of all i guess i should start with the purpose of this pc, it is for gaming at 1080p, it will be running games such as league of legends, civ 5, fallout 4, the elder scrolls series, dota 2, and many many more, aaaaand it will (hopefully) run them at 60FPS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Linkwithasword/saved/WnYnTW

That is the list of parts i am currently planning on using, although i am open to input on that as well, you will probably notice a few things missing from that list, namely a case and power supply. The case is the main thing i am asking for, but the power supply is being provided by a friend (he has an old 750w fully modular he is willing to give me, he replaced it so he could Crossfire his r9 390's)

Sooo... The case. I plan on building my own desk, and because i am doing that i have the option of making the desk house the pc in a custom case. Aaaaaand i have no idea what to do in order to do this or who to go to, any suggestions that may help in my task of making said case/desk? Thank you all :)

looks great. the only thing i would upgrade though is the cpu. you could get 8350 with a higher clockspeed or you can just overclock the hell out of the 8320.

(get a better cooler though if you are going to overclock a ton)

What size desk? Why not buy a premade case? What is your budget for a case?

Spoiler

Gaming PC

PARTS:

CPU: Intel i7-7700K / Motherboard: ASUS Strix Z270-E / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4-2400 MHz + 8GB DDR4-2133 MHz / Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD / GPU: 2x ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 (New) (2-Way SLI) / Case: Corsair 900D / PSU: Corsair AX1500i 80+ Titanium / OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

PERIPHERALS:

Mouse: Razer Mamba / Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Headset: Razer Man O' War / Mousepad: Razer Firefly / Camera: Panasonic HC-X1000 / Microphone: Rode NT1A

MONITORS:

Center: Dell UP2715K / Right & Left: 2x Acer XB271HK / Top: Acer Predator X34

WATERCOOLING (SOON)

1 minute ago, Awesomnesss said:

What size desk? Why not buy a premade case? What is your budget for a case?

The size of the desk will probably be around 4 1/2'-5' long and 2' wide, and the main reason for not buying a premade case is because i get the bragging rights of saying i built my own case. And as for the budget, my grandparents offered to pay for the materials of construction, although i do not want to abuse that too much, it does give me a lot of legroom

The pc looks like a solid budget gamer.

As far as building a custom desk with the pc built into it.. If you're not sure how to go about this, I would suggest to just sticking with a normal PC case and desk.  I'm not saying don't try the cool project, by all means I think you should absolutely do it.. but I think it might take some time for research, and you might scrap materials trying to get it right, and who knows if you'll be happy with the outcome.  Maybe get your rig operational and then practice building things :)

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

4 minutes ago, Murican said:

looks great. the only thing i would upgrade though is the cpu. you could get 8350 with a higher clockspeed or you can just overclock the hell out of the 8320.

Yeah i am going to see how high i can get the 8320 to be stable since i am almost positive i will not have the money for an 8350

i've changed a couple things in your build to better suit gaming needs

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8QQrJx
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8QQrJx/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($61.69 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($63.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($119.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 7 ($53.00)
Total: $764.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 22:43 EDT-0400

changed:

Spoiler

CPU: better gaming performance compared to the 8320

Mobo and ram: changed according to the cpu

GPU: changed asus to XFX, asus amd gpus are bad `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

may i suggest 16 gb of ram. 8 is good but more and more games these days are pushing towards needing 16 gb. everything else looks great!

If you think all console gamers are "console peasants" then you dont belong to the pc master race

but the fan boys on the other hand...

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i've changed a couple things in your build to better suit gaming needs

Hide contents

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8QQrJx
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8QQrJx/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($61.69 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($33.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($63.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($119.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 7 ($53.00)
Total: $764.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 22:43 EDT-0400

changed:

Hide contents

CPU: better gaming performance compared to the 8320

Mobo and ram: changed according to the cpu

GPU: changed asus to XFX, asus amd gpus are bad `-`

Does the CPU still beat the 8320 with overclocking taken into account (i plan on trying my absolute hardest to drive that 8320 to 4.4 at minimum)? Also is the performance increase HIGHLY noticeable taking into account that it drives me over budget (i can wait an extra month for the pc if i HAVE to but would rather not)

10 minutes ago, BudgetForNow said:

may i suggest 16 gb of ram. 8 is good but more and more games these days are pushing towards needing 16 gb. everything else looks great!

You can certainly suggest 16 gb of ram, and in fact i did think of that but decided to make it my first upgrade to the pc

19 minutes ago, Linkwithasword said:

Does the CPU still beat the 8320 with overclocking taken into account (i plan on trying my absolute hardest to drive that 8320 to 4.4 at minimum)? Also is the performance increase HIGHLY noticeable taking into account that it drives me over budget (i can wait an extra month for the pc if i HAVE to but would rather not)

well its about $10 more than your original build

and the performance increase is... a lot

especially for games

Spoiler

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

29 minutes ago, Linkwithasword said:

Would be better with an i5 unless you really need the 8 cores

You could also get like a 360 with a 1080p 144hz free-sync display. potentially if you want a better display over a higher end GPU

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qzTQCJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qzTQCJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($30.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: AOC I2269VW 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($109.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $729.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-01 23:05 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?