Best Antivirus Utility

Im looking to stop Win Defender from running on startup and cant disable it via the regedit so im trying to find a antivirus software that I can use. But I dont want just any antivirus, I WANT THE BEST! So Im going to take a poll . Post the one you think is best.

Thanks,

Elliott35

None.

Just watch what you download and do.

Optimize Windows UAC utility and use a regular account instead of an admin account.

I find that much easier than dealing with Antiviruses that don't work most of the times.

5 minutes ago, elliott35 said:

Im looking to stop Win Defender from running on startup and cant disable it via the regedit so im trying to find a antivirus software that I can use. But I dont want just any antivirus, I WANT THE BEST! So Im going to take a poll . Post the one you think is best.

Thanks,

Elliott35

Paid: Kapersky is my personal favorite

Paid: Norton is probably the most robust.

Free: Windows Defender

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

6 minutes ago, elliott35 said:

Thanks,

Elliott35

Avast and malwarebytes.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Windows Defender can be disabled in the settings of the application. You cannot have a "best" antivirus as they will not all catch everything. Think of antivirus software as immune system. 

My immune system might be able to catch things that yours cannot, or it might adapt faster. Same goes antivirus software. They use different engines, and have different strengths and weaknesses. There is no one antivirus software that can catch everything. It simply doesn't exist - and tests don't prove anything. The tests just prove that the software could stop the chosen samples. That's it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I know that there is no such thing as the best one. I was kind of joking because i really dont want any. But im having This  Issue and the regedit isn't working. So i figured id give something a try. 

13 minutes ago, elliott35 said:

Thanks,

Elliott35

Norton or MalwareBytes

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Windows defender and malwarebytes...free too ; both of them

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Just now, I am an SSD said:

Windows defender and malwarebytes...free too ; both of them

Sorry I didnt read your next post

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

20 hours ago, elliott35 said:

Thanks,

Elliott35

As  Godlygamer23 wrote,  there is no suck thing as best antivirus/internet security. And I am 100% agree with it.. 

Some avs are good for detection, some better for cleaning viruses, some have feature to fix virus damaged files and restore them, some better deal with rootkit viruses, and some even have better integrated antimalware engine..  Neither paid, neither free can block all incomings threats with 100% rate. 

Also remember more protection softwares u add in your pc, more speed you lose,, After all files/systems always be in check by security softwares in background and that can cause game lag. 

U want to disable win defender.. Its easy, if u plan plan to use other antivirus,  win defender will be disabled anyways.  

My current av is avg paid version, not the greatest ones, but its enough to protect my pc, Have ok virus detection, ok cleaning. Have better firewall than win 7. And thats it what I need..  I don't download unknown files from unknown wbesites. Plus I have adsblock plus in my opera browser. And for now like 2+ years no viruses have been infected my pc. 

Unless the  times when i infected on purpose to test other avs..  

As for u, can go either avg, avira, bit defender, kaspersky, eset nod 32 av, panda, norton.  All them claim they are best, but in reality they are all great but non of them best. :P 

Plus some here suggest add MalwareBytes am. Well if u want u can add it,, its great when comes malware detections, so in combo with any av/internet security would increase your security.. And if u want even greater protection u can try add antispywares and even extra firewall from trhird part programers..   And if they will not kill each other u still will have 80% protection rate.. :) 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.