Small question about Prime95

Go to solution Solved by Clubconsoles,
1 minute ago, lovingGamer said:

So i did research online.. i got so many answers. not same

Will Prime95 torture my CPU more than any game can? 

i hope people understand what i'm trying to ask, English is my second language sry

It would. It uses 100% of the cpu constantly. Games use 85-95% of the cpu. Sometimes less.

i hope people understand what i'm trying to ask, English is my second language sry

1 minute ago, lovingGamer said:

It would. It uses 100% of the cpu constantly. Games use 85-95% of the cpu. Sometimes less.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

Just now, Clubconsoles said:

hmm okay that should awesome, cause i managed to OC my CPU to 4.5 and i feel awesome i been running PRIME for like 40 minutes and CPU is at 74C it didn't go over yet so i'm feeling happy xD

3 minutes ago, lovingGamer said:

hmm okay that should awesome, cause i managed to OC my CPU to 4.5 and i feel awesome i been running PRIME for like 40 minutes and CPU is at 74C it didn't go over yet so i'm feeling happy xD

P95 also forces absurd amounts of power through the CPU wearing out the VRMs

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

5 minutes ago, lovingGamer said:

If it passes running Prime95 you should be rock solid on the overclock. When i added the oc to my system i tested it for 8 hours just letting it run all night as i slept. But if prime95 can run your games will run smoothly

9 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

P95 also forces absurd amounts of power through the CPU wearing out the VRMs

"Absurd amounts" Only an issue on older versions, and when you are using offsets, an important thing is this is just on haswell and haswell refresh.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Prime95 is optimised for a certain type of calculation using particular instructions in modern CPUs where possible. It is stressful, but not dangerously so unless you're doing something very wrong with overclocking or using inadequate components. I run loads equivalent to Prime95 24/7 (same math library) on most of my systems most of the time. None have ever failed on me, and I only replace when they get too old and slow compared to newer CPUs.

Being Prime95 stable only means your system is Prime95 stable. It is possible games or other software use different instructions which might not be stable in the same condition. Still, it is a good starting point to check stability. Passing 40 minutes is a good start but it is possible to get errors less frequently than that.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, porina said:

Prime95 is optimised for a certain type of calculation using particular instructions in modern CPUs where possible. It is stressful, but not dangerously so unless you're doing something very wrong with overclocking or using inadequate components. I run loads equivalent to Prime95 24/7 (same math library) on most of my systems most of the time. None have ever failed on me, and I only replace when they get too old and slow compared to newer CPUs.

Being Prime95 stable only means your system is Prime95 stable. It is possible games or other software use different instructions which might not be stable in the same condition. Still, it is a good starting point to check stability. Passing 40 minutes is a good start but it is possible to get errors less frequently than that.

It's still running CPU temp 74C MAX!.

I guess that is good, i'll let it run for 10 more minutes and i'll stop and start GTA V xD