Thought About Switching to YouTube / Facebook for Livestreams?

*Feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed on any information here

Hi everyone! If you've caught the WAN Show live at any point in the last 3 weeks, you've probably noticed that it's been nearly unwatchable due to the constant drops and glitches. From what I've heard, the problem is with Twitch's servers, but it could also be with their ISP or in-building hardware. I know there's a YouTube archive and everything, but given that the WAN Show is a live event, I'm wondering if Linus may consider trying to switch to YouTube or Facebook for livestreams (assuming the problem is with Twitch). At the least it may be worthwhile to run a couple test streams to see if they still have the problems they did when they started out.

Anyway, this is directed at everyone, so feel free to voice your opinions!

-Cheers! :D

16 minutes ago, Stryder721 said:

Youtube would be better, and quicker archieves for people who missed it, unlike twitch xD

Agreed, but when it started out it had issues with certain computer hardware. Not sure if they're still there, but the problems definitely caused less people to convert over.

Scratch that, apparently Lizard Squad doesn't like tech news... :(

Lizard Squad.PNG

49 minutes ago, Stryder721 said:

Youtube would be better, and quicker archieves for people who missed it, unlike twitch xD

nah twitch does it fast just go to the vod and its all there up to the point you were at when you clicked on the vod