Any monitor with Both Gsync and Freesync?

Inimigor

Hi, I just go back and forth on AMD and Nvidia GPU's and I'm thinking of changing my 3 AOC e2243FwK monitors for something newer with better response time and adaptive refresh rate.

And since I swap brands oftenly, I'd like to know if there's any IPS monitors, at least 1080P with both G-sync and Free-sync capability out there.

Anyone knows of any? If I can get away with a single ultra wide display I'll go for it, but otherwise, I'm totally up for a triple monitor setup again :P

And Here's a pic of my current monitor setup now :D

PCMR1.JPG

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

4 minutes ago, Inimigor said:

not with both at the same time but there are some that have freesync and gsync variants. 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

there are no g-sync and free sync both in the same monitor

because g-sync requires a special module in the monitor which doesnt support freesync

and people who want free sync wouldnt pay extra for the g-sync module (maybe a few like you, but 99% of the market wont)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Okay, I guess I'll wait until (maybe) someone makes a Jack of all trades monitor :P

Or freesync gets native in DisplayPort and I can get a G-sync monitor hahaha

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Just now, Moonzy said:

there are no g-sync and free sync both in the same monitor

because g-sync requires a special module in the monitor which doesnt support freesync

and people who want free sync wouldnt pay extra for the g-sync module (maybe a few like you, but 99% of the market wont)

Yeah, I do understand why is not a thing, but I still have hope to find one that does both.

I think it would be possible to have two scalers in a single monitor, with different ports for each, one with a Gsync Module, and one with a Freesync module, all you'd have to do is change the cable and input. sounds doable to me.

1 minute ago, Inimigor said:

Yeah, I do understand why is not a thing, but I still have hope to find one that does both.

I think it would be possible to have two scalers in a single monitor, with different ports for each, one with a Gsync Module, and one with a Freesync module, all you'd have to do is change the cable and input. sounds doable to me.

it is, but most people who are looking for a free-sync monitor wouldnt pay extra for the g-sync module, and vice versa

cases like yours is just very rare, that its not worth manufacturing a monitor for this type of needs

but yes i do agree it would be quite useful if i had a monitor supporting both, then i can use any gpu i want without feeling like im locked in

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Though I do wonder if it's technically possible to have both, and the display would be able to switch between the two. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Though I do wonder if it's technically possible to have both, and the display would be able to switch between the two. 

it would have to switch between two completely separate display driver boards, and switching hundreds of pins that go to the LCD panel would be hard to do, expensive, and have large chances of failure

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's possible, but has never been done because it would be very expensive, and wouldn't sell well for that reason. Very few people will get a combo monitor, when they could get G-Sync or FreeSync alone for a lot less, since they will only use 1 anyway.

The ~$150 increased price of G-Sync monitors is the cost of using a G-Sync module instead of a normal display controller. Making a monitor with a G-Sync module in addition to a normal display controller would carry an absurd price.