Would anyone be able to answer a few questions for a uni essay? It would be a HUGE help.

I wasn't sure where to post this so hope this is the right place.

I'm currently studying at the University of Sunderland in the UK and have been tasked with (a pretty long) essay about gaming psychology. It would be great if anyone could answer a list of questions. This essay won't be going anywhere special, just to my lecturer.

1. How did you first get in to gaming?

2. How did it make you feel when you beat that first boss?

3. Why do you game now?

4. Gaming helps me escape from everyday life and takes me away into another world.

5. How do you feel about this and is this the same for you?

6. Do you play any MMORPGs and do you have 'online friends'?

7. What is your opinion on having 'online friends' as opposed to 'real friends'

Thats all, thanks guys!

1) Grandparents had a very powerful machine for the time.

2) Looking for more.

3) To maintain my sanity and ignore problems that otherwise cannot go away.

5) No comment, really. Is what it is. Yes.

6) Yes. ESO. Yes.

7) Online friends are just as valid as real friends because they are one and the same.

Also, you might want to fix your text for night theme users. That was a pain to read.

6 hours ago, haydenbeckett3 said:

I wasn't sure where to post this so hope this is the right place.

I'm currently studying at the University of Sunderland in the UK and have been tasked with (a pretty long) essay about gaming psychology. It would be great if anyone could answer a list of questions. This essay won't be going anywhere special, just to my lecturer.

1. How did you first get in to gaming?

2. How did it make you feel when you beat that first boss?

3. Why do you game now?

4. Gaming helps me escape from everyday life and takes me away into another world.

5. How do you feel about this and is this the same for you?

6. Do you play any MMORPGs and do you have 'online friends'?

7. What is your opinion on having 'online friends' as opposed to 'real friends'

Thats all, thanks guys!

1: I can't really remember, I just kinda started and loved it.

2: I thought "Yes. This I like. I shall do more of this."

3: It's a ton of fun, especially with mates. Plus it gives me an excuse to have an amazing rig.

4: No.

5: I love gaming but I don't think it should be used as a form of escapism. That could prove dangerous.

6: No and no.

7: I don't have "online friends" I have only one type of friend, IRL friends.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1: My parents got a Sega Genesis when I was a baby (it wasn't for me) and when I was 3, I was apparently better than my parents at sonic.

2: I don't remember at all. But I imagine I was very excited.

3: gives me a chance to unwind.

4: Yes and no. Yes because it gives me something else to focus on. No because I'm still aware and alert of the world around me

5: I think if you put more time into gaming than you do thinking about your family or friends, there is something that needs to be looked into.

6: Want to try ESO and yes. Most of my friends are online but a good number of them I have hung out with in real life

7: I don't think having online friends is bad but you should have a good balance of online friends and IRL friend