Traffic Lights on Ground for Smartphone users.

Or just pay attention to where you are going. I don't like using my phone when I'm on the move.

If it's so important, then stop, do the thing you have to do, and continue walking.

Exactly there's no need to use it on the go... this should teach this survival skill at school... 

||AMD FX-8150 ||asrock 990fx extreme||16GB DDR3|| AMD Radeon R8 M350DX||Dell S2409W 24"||LG 23"D2342P||

its the stupiest idea ever. people who are stupid enough to look at their phone instead of the lights deserve to stand there forever.

of course germans dont go if they dont see green :D

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

10 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Or just pay attention to where you are going.

Common sense? That's insane! I don't think Millennials have enough willpower to become unglued from the tiny screens in their hands.

I used to be quite active here.

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Common sense? That's insane! I don't think Millennials have enough willpower to become unglued from the tiny screens in their hands.

something something millennials.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Darwinism that is all  

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

This is absolutely stupid.  This person gets it though :D 

7 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Darwinism that is all  

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It should not be the obligation of the government to accommodate for something like this. If it were a necessity, I could understand it being implemented, but tearing your eyes away from your phone's screen for 15 seconds isn't going to severely damage your life. Perhaps they thought, somehow, that it would be more beneficial or cost efficient to make these traffic lights on the ground than to teach people the proper way to interact with vehicles on the road and pay attention? Well, if that's the case, I think we have more to worry about than people on their phones getting run over...

This just seems like an unnecessary burden on the infrastructure and will increase the costs of building and maintaining roads. It might be beneficial, but I can see much more effective ways to do the same thing. Am I missing something?

Edit: Ah, I see now...It's a "think of the children" thing. It was sparked by the death of a 15-year-old who wasn't paying attention. But, what I still don't get is how they came to the conclusion that it was a problem with our infrastructure versus the mindset of our youth. The government has no control over whether or not you pay attention while crossing the street, so long as proper habits have been presented to you. It was the child's fault, through and through, that they got run over.

Edited by Shakaza

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

26 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

It was the child's fault, through and through, that they got run over.

Just because it was the kid's fault, and because people are stupid sometimes doesn't mean that if possible stuff should be made safer. It's a lot easier and cheaper to just install more lights than it is to launch an effective education campaign about texting and walking. Schools can't even teach some people the importance of condoms or whatever let alone why they shouldn't answer a text whilst walking.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

7 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Just because it was the kid's fault, and because people are stupid sometimes doesn't mean that if possible stuff should be made safer. It's a lot easier and cheaper to just install more lights than it is to launch an effective education campaign about texting and walking. Schools can't even teach some people the importance of condoms or whatever let alone why they shouldn't answer a text whilst walking.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to do nothing. Frankly, nothing needs to be done. Governments shouldn't be responsible for everyone else's stupidity. The kid was 15 for god's sake. It's not as if they were a 3 year old that didn't know any better. They were 15! They knew the risks and they fucked up.

It's like saying saying Ford has to make their cars safer because some tosser wrapped their car around a tree while driving recklessly at over 100MPH.

Seems kind of pointless to me, not all people mindlessly walk with their faces attached to their phones

If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

4 hours ago, DebatED Nothing said:

something something millennials.

Well, the majority in the USA tend to be glued to their phones 24/7. There's a reason the stereotype exists. 

I used to be quite active here.

17 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

Governments shouldn't be responsible for everyone else's stupidity.

Literally the only point of a government is keeping its people safe. If this keeps young people safe, then it's a good thing.

22 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Literally the only point of a government is keeping its people safe. If this keeps young people safe, then it's a good thing.

Perhaps the reason they're needing to do this light installation now is because they took the same approach to another issue ~1 generation ago, and again before that etc. :D  When will the cycle be broken by people running over those too lazy and careless to look up from their phone while crossing the street!?  WHEN I ASK YOU!!?!? xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

19 hours ago, derekb108 said:

Found this on the BBC website, Just out of curiosity do you think its a good idea, or a costly idea? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36153741/german-city-puts-traffic-lights-on-pavements-for-smartphone-users

Waste of money IMO. Just pay attention to where your walking and dont be a dumbass.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 hour ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Yes. Lets make governments spend millions on fucking lights in the ground because young people are too stupid to get off their phones!

I can't even comprehend what you're trying to argue. At this point, you just seem to be saying that we should let people do stupid things and make everyone else pay, after all, the money for those lights is coming out of the taxpayer's pocket.