What the fuck ZxR?

BigBowlOfNothing

I bought the Zxr soundcard from Creative and it's been giving me strange audio issues. I was wondering if any of you would be able to help me out, seeing as creative have the WORST customer support I have ever encountered.

First, with the Audio Control Module (Hence ACM), I can't seem to get the onboard microphone working. Not sure if I need a driver or tweak some settings, but it doesn't work. The headphone volume slider does work and is functional.

Second, I cannot seem to download the Sound Blaster Axx software that controls the features that the soundcard brings? I'm getting with some really weird audio glitches that seem to basically take a shit on my audio quality. I'm a song producer so I really need my audio quality good. Not sure if it's an equalizer thing from the soundcard, but in any case, I don't have the fucking software to change it, as it has never been hinted to. As a result, when listening to particularly electronic music, a really muffled and mid range dominated audio is produced. Strange, considering the sound from my phone is much clearer. If anyone of you can send me to a download site for this software it would be amazing. Not sure if I'm allowed to post youtube links here, but the software looks something like what this guy uses -  

Anywho, some help would really be appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I can't believe Creative is still in business

On topic please? This issue is really stressin me out lol

RMA it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

54 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

RMA it.

I doni't think its necessary. Do any of you have a link to where I could download this Pro Studio shown in the video? Other than thatg the audio is stellar at times.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

2 hours ago, BigBowlOfNothing said:

On topic please? This issue is really stressin me out lol

It kinda is, they are no good.

Why not just Use onboard, hassle free.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The control panel comes with the drivers, you need to install the right ones for your card and then the control panel comes with them, you don't get it separately.