Hello what is Hackintosh PC? 

Explain simple without long texts. 

Thank you!

- Redjo 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Mac os on pc

Why people buy Macs etc., instead of building Hackintosh then? 

It is more powerful for cheaper price, with OS software.

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

You need to build for going hackintosh, seeing what mobos work correctly, etc. Updating is a fucking nightmare.

A PC that is custom built to run Mac OS

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

You need to build for going hackintosh, seeing what mobos work correctly, etc. Updating is a fucking nightmare.

So you saying that you cant put for example 5960x / Titan X etc. and expect it to work? 

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Its not as stable

Some gpu's dont even work on it.

Is it allowed by apple to do such stuff or its something like ''ilegal'' 

Project Redline: 

7 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Is it allowed by apple to do such stuff? 

i mean, its not illegal..

You can check wendell building a 12 core machine for mac os and he explains a lot of what it can do and how it can work

2 minutes ago, Redjo said:

So you saying that you cant put for example 5960x / Titan X etc. and expect it to work? 

I'm not saying that because I haven't personally tried that specifically. You can do that. I'm saying it's finickey in general. 

1 minute ago, PeloyGeek said:

i mean, its not illegal..

It violates their EULA. But it's rarely punished / enforced.

Apple is a douche about these things, you can't just throw together a pc and get performance like you can with Window's, you have use proprietary hardware and software to get performance. Its kinda bs, especially when you consider that there is physically 0 advantage to running Mac. 

Apple doesn't have a monopoly on the market, if the users wanted to use a high end gpu, and apple won't support it, then Apple will just have to suffer losing revenue to Microsoft and/or Linux until they do.

Btw why the name is Hackintosh? 

Hack? tosh? huh :D

Project Redline: 

Btw why the name is Hackintosh? 

Hack? tosh? huh :D

Hacked-Macintosh 

3 minutes ago, positivePXL said:

Hacked-Macintosh 

Make sense 

Project Redline: 

8 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Like previous post mention, not every hardware is compatible with Mac OS X. 

I have done hackintoshing, and it can be as easy as 1,2,3 or as difficult as hell. 

For example, my motherboard, Asus P8Z77-V Pro was not initially compatible with booting up Mac OS X because of some CPU Power Delivery issue or something like that. What I had to do to get it working was modifying a bios and then flashing it to the MB which has a huge risk of brickage. Luckily it worked, but it still took hours of tinkering around and putting different combination of boot flags in order for me to get to the OS X installer page, let alone get the damn thing installed. 

Audio driver was another nightmare as not every version works, every update breaks audio drivers, which causes you to have to install audio driver again. 

I also ran into an issue where I upgraded my GPU from Kepler to Maxwell during the launch of Maxwell, and that was a total mess as OS X didn't want to boot because the kernel panic constantly. I had to unplug all but one monitor, disable iGPU, disable dedicated GPU, ran safe mode and then installed the fresh beta drivers. But that took hours of research before figuring out what worked.

Sidenote: There are some issue with booting up x99 (at least there was when x99 launched) because no Apple Computer has support for LGA 2011-V3...so it pointless for Apple to implement support for hardware that they don't sell. There are workarounds, but that just adds on to the difficulty of installing and getting OS X working. 

On 4/25/2016 at 7:01 AM, Redjo said:

Its technally not legal, as your are breaking the eula, which is a contact.