600€ / 670 USD Gaming PC

OxenEknat

Hi everybody, first post and first build here :D. I've already got storage and a 500W PSU if it's enough, it wasn't a budget oriented one back in the days of LGA 775 and DDR Ram...I need to know if it's still usable. Are the pin configurations changed? In its manual it refers to the switching from 24 pin to 20 pin connectors, saying it supports both configs. Also, this is my rig in USD (for changes, only amazon and with Worldwide shipping):

CPU: i5 6500, 199.99$

GPU: XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5 319.99$

MoBo: MSI Gaming H110 MicroATX 69.99$ (Liked it for the number of USB 3 ports, and I don't think I'll ever need more than 16GB of RAM)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 43.49$

Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 44.99$

Total: about 604€ (yes, I can get a bit further if I buy it this summer instead of now)

Uses: I'd like to play new games with high settings in 1080p, monitor, mouse and keyboard aren't needed, and also programming. I started programming graphic programs before my laptop died. It couldn't keep up with my usage, and I'm not going to buy a 800€ laptop. This rig should be good, but I don't know whether 500W are enough, i5 6500 will bottleneck, a better rig exists with the same price tag. I have an HDD with Windows 7 and Linux, and I'll use that until I can get an SSD.

What do you think? if the PSU won't be usable, what would you suggest me to downgrade? I'd probably downgrade the MoBo, since I've heard they don't change performance unless you have those ultra high end MoBos with dedicated chips for streaming etc. Is it true? If you're wondering why I chose MicroATX MoBo with ATX case, I'd like to eventually upgrade my mobo if I want to put another R9 390 in the future or whatever, and also the 12" R9 won't fit in most MicroATX cases. Forgive my bad english, It's not my native language.

which psu do you have?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Looks pretty good. However what psu do you have, and how much ram?

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

Oh, sorry, I forgot to write it: 8GB Ram, 1 stick. I'm looking for the PSU model, I can't find it now. I'm going to recover the PSU and tell you.

It's an Enermax Liberty ELT400AWT, and I just noticed it's a 400W... it'll never be enough. I got another one, 250W, but I don't think I'll use a dual PSU rig since I don't know how to and I should buy a case that has room for those, probably not in my budget

1 minute ago, Average Joe said:

XFX is 11,62" and most mATX cases will fit that, just saying.

However I'd still like to be able to upgrade it without changing my case... Also, ATX cases should stay cooler, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, OxenEknat said:

However I'd still like to be able to upgrade it without changing my case... Also, ATX cases should stay cooler, isn't it?

It is easier to get good airflow and lower temps in larger case true.

As for the dual PSU - don't go there my friend, just don't

1 minute ago, Average Joe said:

As for the dual PSU - don't go there my friend, just don't

I imagined this would have been the answer lol. Will 400W be enough? Should I downgrade the MoBo to buy a PSU?

10 minutes ago, OxenEknat said:

I imagined this would have been the answer lol. Will 400W be enough? Should I downgrade the MoBo to buy a PSU?

400w? Nope. At least a decent 550w for a 390. If downgrading the mobo isn't enough, you can downgrade the cpu to an i5 6400 instead, and/or sell your enermax psu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, OxenEknat said:

Hi everybody, first post and first build here :D. I've already got storage and a 500W PSU if it's enough, it wasn't a budget oriented one back in the days of LGA 775 and DDR Ram...I need to know if it's still usable. Are the pin configurations changed? In its manual it refers to the switching from 24 pin to 20 pin connectors, saying it supports both configs. Also, this is my rig in USD (for changes, only amazon and with Worldwide shipping):

CPU: i5 6500, 199.99$

GPU: XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5 319.99$

MoBo: MSI Gaming H110 MicroATX 69.99$ (Liked it for the number of USB 3 ports, and I don't think I'll ever need more than 16GB of RAM)

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 43.49$

Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 44.99$

Total: about 604€ (yes, I can get a bit further if I buy it this summer instead of now)

Uses: I'd like to play new games with high settings in 1080p, monitor, mouse and keyboard aren't needed, and also programming. I started programming graphic programs before my laptop died. It couldn't keep up with my usage, and I'm not going to buy a 800€ laptop. This rig should be good, but I don't know whether 500W are enough, i5 6500 will bottleneck, a better rig exists with the same price tag. I have an HDD with Windows 7 and Linux, and I'll use that until I can get an SSD.

What do you think? if the PSU won't be usable, what would you suggest me to downgrade? I'd probably downgrade the MoBo, since I've heard they don't change performance unless you have those ultra high end MoBos with dedicated chips for streaming etc. Is it true? If you're wondering why I chose MicroATX MoBo with ATX case, I'd like to eventually upgrade my mobo if I want to put another R9 390 in the future or whatever, and also the 12" R9 won't fit in most MicroATX cases. Forgive my bad english, It's not my native language.

This is Euros correct? France or Germany?

Or you could wait for the summer to pass, make some bucks and there you go! That is what I am planning to do :D I was originally planning to go with a 1k pound build but when I thought about it, I ain't really in a hurry so, if you are not in a hurry just like me, it is best if you wait !

1 minute ago, Skygger said:

Or you could wait for the summer to pass, make some bucks and there you go! That is what I am planning to do :D I was originally planning to go with a 1k pound build but when I thought about it, I ain't really in a hurry so, if you are not in a hurry just like me, it is best if you wait !

Dude. 1000 Pounds is probably more than enough already.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is Euros correct? France or Germany?

Italy :D 

1 minute ago, Skygger said:

Well, I can't do anything if I don't buy it, I don't have a PC...

Just now, OxenEknat said:

Italy :D 

Well, I can't do anything if I don't buy it, I don't have a PC...

I don´t trust any of the parts you already have. No offense.

PCPartPicker part list: http://it.pcpartpicker.com/p/QqTNkL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://it.pcpartpicker.com/p/QqTNkL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€174.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€66.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (€28.53 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 380 4GB IceQ X² OC Video Card  (€203.19 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€39.35 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.95 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €582.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-25 13:43 CEST+0200

I'd prefer buying the pc at least when summer starts... with a Thermaltake SMART 600W @ 49.99$ and a downgrade to the case and MoBo (Rosewill Tyrfing black @ 42.04$ and MSI H110M Pro-VD @ 54.99$ I have a grand total of 710$, or 630€. It's a bit over my budget, but I'll have reached it in June. What do you think?

I'd prefer buying the pc at least when summer starts... with a Thermaltake SMART 600W @ 49.99$ and a downgrade to the case and MoBo (Rosewill Tyrfing black @ 42.04$ and MSI H110M Pro-VD @ 54.99$ I have a grand total of 710$, or 630€. It's a bit over my budget, but I'll have reached it in June. What do you think?

Not that PSU. That´s not a good PSU.

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€66.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (€28.53 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 380 4GB IceQ X² OC Video Card  (€203.19 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€39.35 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.95 @ Amazon Italia) 

To be honest OxenEknat, Listen to this guy ! :D

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

The problem is that on the italian amazon you find parts at higher prices than on amazon . com... Also, they told me that for Radeons XFX was one of the best

1 minute ago, OxenEknat said:

The problem is that on the italian amazon you find parts at higher prices than on amazon . com... Also, they told me that for Radeons XFX was one of the best

It goes Sapphire>=MSI>Everyone else except>>>>Gigybyte>>>>>>>>>and ASUS for AMD. And it´d probably cost more after border customs and shipping.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

It goes Sapphire>=MSI>Everyone else except>>>>Gigybyte>>>>>>>>>and ASUS for AMD. And it´d probably cost more after border customs and shipping.

Oh god, I was thinking of buying an asus 390 :o Good thing I saw this :D Thunx

7 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Also, on other forums they told me that I shouldn't buy an already old rig, LGA1150 won't be used anymore so I won't be able to update easily. MSI should be good, don't know about that specific MoBo. Kingston is great, HyperX Fury is Always said to be great.

Also, on other forums they told me that I shouldn't buy an already old rig, LGA1150 won't be used anymore so I won't be able to update easily. MSI should be good, don't know about that specific MoBo. Kingston is great, HyperX Fury is Always said to be great.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

4 minutes ago, OxenEknat said:

Lga 1150 is dead but its still has a good lot of potential, if you absolutely need to save $$$ than lga 1150 is just fine, definitely won't bottleneck any recent/future high end gpu(my 1st gen i7 can't bottleneck my 290).