Shure microphone

Hello guys here are two final options i am choosing from, help me decide.

• 55SH SERIES II - 160€

Spoiler

94Niry.jpg

• SM58SE - 120€, btw what is the difference between SE and LCE the LCE one is 5€ cheaper. 

Spoiler

EBuOCf.jpg

Will 160€ perform better and if someone can tell me recommended distance for both of this microphones would be awesome. Is 6/12inch while singing and serious recording fine and when chilling on skype with friends 12/17inch

1inch = 2.54cm 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

I would go for the SM58. I have one myself and it's perfect for recording vocals, however you will need an XLR to USB converter.

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

You will need a mixer or something else that takes xlr yo use any of them and I would take the sm58 I dont know the difference betweem the se and lcd 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 minutes ago, Insp1r3 said:

I would go for the SM58. I have one myself and it's perfect for recording vocals, however you will need an XLR to USB converter.

Isn't 160€ suppose to beat SM58 because bonus 40€ is not problem and i plan going for Scarlett Solo or something cheaper as audio interface. 

Can you answer my other questions aswell if you can. 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You will need a mixer or something else that takes xlr yo use any of them and I would take the sm58 I dont know the difference betweem the se and lcd 

Ya plan going audio interface instead of mixer, because cheap mixers arent that good anyways....... 

isn't 160€ suppose to beat SM58 because bonus 40€ is not problem, can you check specs etc........ 

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Ya plan going audio interface instead of mixer, because cheap mixers arent that good anyways....... 

isn't 160€ suppose to beat SM58 because bonus 40€ is not problem, can you check specs etc........ 

I have not heard the sm55... Specs does not tell very much about the mic just like headphone specs doesnt tell that much about the headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

From what I know a good amount of the price for the SM55 is about the style, on the Shure website it is called the Elvis mic, I would go with the SM58 it is one of the mics everyone should have for vocals

34 minutes ago, flowalex said:

From what I know a good amount of the price for the SM55 is about the style, on the Shure website it is called the Elvis mic, I would go with the SM58 it is one of the mics everyone should have for vocals

So basically i'am paying 40Euro more to get ''ELVIS style mic'' instead of the actual quality/performance over the SM58. 

Project Redline: 

2 hours ago, Redjo said:

Isn't 160€ suppose to beat SM58 because bonus 40€ is not problem and i plan going for Scarlett Solo or something cheaper as audio interface. 

Can you answer my other questions aswell if you can. 

I don't really know the difference between the SE and LCE. I have the SM58SE and it's perfect for me.

As for distance away from your mouth, I would go for about 4-5 inches when singing and about 7-8 inches when talking normally.

As a bonus, if you want your voice to sound super deep, talk really close to it :D

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

SE, LCE, etc. I think means if the mic comes with the cable or it has an on/off switch.  Check with Shure if you want a more precise answer, I am just telling you based of something I remember when I bought some Shure mics months ago.

Look here, see how the product name letters change when you select the different options.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68463-REG/Shure_SM58_LC_SM58_LC_Cardioid_Dynamic.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

For the SM58 I recomend getting the SE version, and buying a cable separately, because whenever I get a cable included with a mic they are a cheaper quality one